Monday, October 5, 2009

It's Cool to be in School

Today was a bit different for the little man. He no longer will have his grandparents watching him 3 days a week while I am away at work, because Jackie and Barry are now in New York. So, Dane will be attending Kids R Kids 3 days a week. Kids R Kids is a daycare/pre-pre school. One perk of this place is that they have cameras and I will be able to watch him online while he is there. Also, this facility teaches them things instead of just watching them.

So this is a big transition for Dane. He is having to get up pretty early to go. Kevin dropped him off this morning, and he immediately found some balls to play with. When Kevin was leaving he did cry for a little bit, but I talked to his sweet teacher shortly after and she said that he was only upset for just a bit, and then forgot and started to play. For nap time the children sleep on floor mats. I thought there was no way that Dane would sleep on one, but he impressed me! The teacher said that they are so busy that morning that when it was nap time he just laid down and went to sleep. He slept for an hour and a half. I'm so proud of him. Also, I'm hoping that this will help him with his lack of eating by seeing the other kids eat things other than mac & cheese. He did eat fairly good today, even ate a little bit of a hamburger!! WHAT?? Can't believe it. During the day they do learning activities. This morning they played with flash cards that taught them the letters A B and C and a couple shapes, and I think the color red. When Kevin picked Dane up he was holding him, and Dane saw the flash cards sitting out, and he pointed and said A. And it was the A card. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but Kevin said that he for sure said A! Smart Boy! So, I think this is going to be good for Dane in a lot of ways. I hope this teaches him how to play with other children. I was a nervous wreck this morning, but it seems like Dane did really good today, and it doesn't seem like it is going to be too hard to get him in a routine.

this is the best shot I could get this morning. He was a little grumpy when he first woke up and wanted no part of his back pack or taking pictures! I don't blame him. But his little back pack is so cute!! And he loves to say back pack!! I got him this just because I thought it was cute, and I needed something small to carry his diapers and school stuff in.

Dane's cubby...I have trained my hubby well...he took this without me asking...he just knew that I would want to see it

The report that we got from the teacher. it says what he ate, when he slept, diaper changes etc.

Kevin let him play in the truck once they got home today...because he was such a good trooper today!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Awww, way to go Dane!!!! I'm glad he had a good first day at school.

The Jarmons said...

awesome! glad he is liking school.