Sunday, October 18, 2009

I've been watching you...

Just yesterday Kevin and I were in his truck and a song came on the radio about a little boy watching his dad. Kevin mentioned how he really liked this song, and how it made him think of him and Dane. We talked about the lyrics to the song, and had a few giggles, and went on our way.

Well, to back up a little bit Dane really enjoys playing in our closet. He loves to pull off ALL of my shoes off the racks, and he also likes to pull down Kevin's ties from the tie rack. So, really I can blame my messy unorganized closet on the little man right??

So, today Kevin was in the kitchen using the laptop. The little man came into the kitchen and got right next to Kevin wanting him to look at him. Kevin wasn't paying much attention, and then saw something dragging on the floor..looked over to find Dane and immediately started to laugh. I came in right at that moment and cracked up, and of course ran to get the camera. Dane had one of Kevin's ties hung around his neck. Dane loves to watch his daddy and imitate everything that he does. And he was so proud of himself that he had his tie on.

It is just like this song by Rodney Atkins, Watching You...check it out!

Here are the lyrics from the chorus:
"‘Cause I’ve been watching you, dad ain’t that cool?
I’m your buckaroo, I want to be like you.
And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.
By then I’ll be strong as superman
We’ll be just alike, hey, won’t we dad
When I can do everything you do.
‘cause I’ve been watchin’ you."


No comments: