Saturday, November 28, 2009

Give Thanks

Another year has come and gone. And Another year to give thanks!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love the fall weather, the color of the leaves, getting to hang out with family, eating yummy food, pies, pies pies, family movie night, black Friday shopping etc etc etc.

There are so many things to be thankful for this year. Of course, there are the obvious... family, friends, home, job etc etc. But, this year has given me other things to be thankful for. I can't say that this year has been our easiest year. In fact it has been pretty tough with all that has gone on with Dane and his hip.

But, this year I am thankful for the fact that I have a strong little booger, who is so full of life and energy and who doesn't let the tough times get him down. I'm thankful that even though he went through so much his zest for life has never disappeared, and his sweet personality never changed. I'm thankful that there are awesome orthopedic surgeons, who can guide us in the direction to go with the future of Dane's hip. To say I'm thankful that Dane is not needing another surgery right now would be a total understatement. I'm thankful that Dane has learned to re-walk, climb, run etc, and I am so grateful that one day his hip will have better mobility. I'm thankful for the fact that we had so much family and friend support through this year. This year has given me so much more to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Happy Thanksgiving Wittschen Family!
We are very thankful to have friends like you in our lives!