Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Popeye The Sailor Man

Our recent car rides have been, well how should I put this? Yeah there is no nice way to put it... car rides recently have been Hell. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

I don't know what is going on with the little man, but lately anytime we get in the car World War III occurs. Usually as we are getting ready to leave the house Dane is in a good mood. He usually has a couple toys in one hand with a sippie cup filled with juice in the other, and he goes to the car with no problems. But, for some reason picking him up to put him into his car seat causes a switch-a-roo in his attitude. He immediately starts whining, crying, screaming and pitching an almost two year old fit! If he has a truck he wants a choo choo train, if he has a choo choo train he wants a truck, if he has a baseball he wants a football and if he has a football he wants a baseball and if he has juice he wants milk and if he has milk he wants juice and it just goes on and on.

The rides consist of me getting frustrated, turning the music up and praying that God will make the destination get there sooner. I would have to say that 95% of all tantrums occur while we are in the car... so lets just hope that this is a phase, and this too shall pass!!! For my sanity at least!


You probably wonder why I titled this what I did, and how it relates ... but hopefully you will see what I see! Ha Ha...........

No comments: