Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Occurs ONLY in the privacy of our own home




TANTRUMS THAT IS...
Ok, my little man has been throwing some good ol tantrums lately. So many that it starting to aggravate the living daylights out of me. They are uncontrollable, come without warning, sometimes worse than others, makes you want to throw your head through the windshield kind of tantrums. There has been a couple occurrences (Dane's birthday, and one time when Sophie came over to play), that Dane does not share well at all, and throws a fit when his friends play with his toys.

I watch Dane online while he is at school, and it never seems like he is having meltdowns or having brawls with the other children. HE seems completely content every single time I get online to look at him. So, I had Kevin ask today when he picked him up if Dane throws tantrums at school, and how he acts with the other children and how the sharing happens.

Well... the teachers laughed when Kevin asked about tantrums. And I quote "Tantrums?? Are you kidding me?? We have never even seen Dane cry other than one time when he fell, but even then we wouldn't count that as crying" And then they went on to say that Dane does great with the other children, never screams MINE, never gets mad when the other kids takes his toys...he is very passive. They even mentioned that other children fall to the ground screaming and will cry for 5 minutes sometimes, but not Dane. They couldn't believe it when Kevin said all this to them.

Don't get me wrong... I am very happy that Dane is a kid that the teachers don't mind having in their class, a kid who is excellent at school, always happy and on his best behavior. But, it makes me say HMMMM. What is going on here at home? I'm not saying he isn't happy at home, because for the most part he is happy, loves to play, goes with the flow etc. But, it does make me wonder why home triggers tantrums, and the word MINE comes out in full force when he has friends over.

If anyone can offer a solution or an answer to this phenomenon please fill me in

No comments: