Saturday, February 6, 2010

R.I.P BUB-BA

Let us have a moment of Silence...

Bub-ba is no longer part of our family. :( Who is Bub-ba???

Dane's Paci. How many times have we talked about getting rid of Dane's paci?? We had planned on getting rid of it when Dane turned 1, but then the whole surgery happened and I didn't feel it was right to do that when he was going through so much. Then we tried again here, but it didn't work. So, we just stopped trying and agreed that when Dane turned 2 the paci was gone. Well, Jackie was here until Tuesday, and we didn't want to put her through the sleepless nights so we waited until last night to start the process since it was a weekend and we didn't have to work the next day.

Last night Dane stayed up later than usual, so he was really tired when I put him in his bed. I put extra toys in his crib to hopefully help with his Bubba being M.I.A. He immediately started crying and you could hear him saying BUB-BA BUB-BA where go? Then I heard him saying Bub-ba and saying uh oh. I could tell he was standing up looking over the crib at the floor. He was probably thinking that his bub-bas had fallen out of the crib. It was hard hearing him cry for his bubba. He also was crying for daddy and then Mommy. I was sad, but to my surprise this only lasted 8 minutes!! And it was complete quiet for the rest of the night. It helped that he was so tired.

I put him down for his 1st nap without the pacifier around 11, and nap time has not gone as smoothly as last night did. He cried for a long time, and then he stopped crying but I could tell he was having a hard time falling asleep. He isn't crying, but he has been in his crib for over an hour, but I don't think he has gotten into a deep sleep yet. So, I have a feeling that night times may not be too bad, but nap times could take him a little while to get used to having to sooth himself without his BUB-Ba.

We will miss you Bub-ba... It was a good run, but it is time for you to become someone else's BUB-BA

No comments: