Thursday, March 11, 2010

4 years ago today...

We were in Hawaii...

Surrounded by beautiful water, sand, flowers and most importantly friends and family.

And this day, March 11, 2006 was the last day I would be able to check the single box. And the last day that my last name would be Stanfield. And what a day it was!!

As everyone knows Kevin and I got married on a beach in Hawaii. Far from traditional. But, we didn't care. So, instead of doing the "normal" rehearsal dinner that most couples do, we went a different route. As a gift to the guests, and something fun for all of us to do the night before the wedding we decided to go to a really cool LUAU. This luau wasn't just any ol luau, it was awesome. We traveled about an hour from the hotel to the luau by a grey hound. Most of us thought this was a fun ride... some got a lil car sick... AHEM Gabe! :) And the tour guide called us her cousins over and over. Pretty funny... and now wondering if anyone else remembers all this??

There was tons to do before the actual fun began. We got to make leis, throw bow and arrows, listen to Hawaiian music, and watch guys climb coconut trees. Then we enjoyed a huge dinner which included a pig that was cooked pretty much right in front of us. Crazy, but I have to admit it was delicious! Then the luau itself began, and it was a really really cool show!! The way those girls can move their hips was just simply amazing, and the guys playing with the fire batons was so cool.

The night before my wedding was an amazing night!! We all had so much fun, and it is something that I will never forget.

Now for the pictures to bring us all back:
When we first got the luau everyone got their picture taken with the hula boy and girl. Look at my hubby to be- he didn't put his arm around her... he looks awkward, but had good intentions!! :)

Ok this picture totally cracks me up every time I look at it for multiple reasons: for 1)... they had us looking directly into the bright sun, so no one's eyes are completely opened. 2) suppose to be a professional picture, but do you see the shadow of the person taking our picture 3) Sorry Nathan... but the fact that you look like the tin man with the cone coming out of your head is just hilarious!!!! 4)Zab...did you know that you had a pouty face in this one?? I could go on and on... but I won't... I had to buy this picture since it was a group shot!

the man climbing the coconut tree... not sure if he threw coconuts at us or if he threw flowers... hmm anybody?

Hula Girls

carrying the pig and getting ready to cook it.. they walked all around so everyone could see it up close and personal... kind of creepy, but it was very tasty!

Fire action

drinking out of the coconut...which by the way I still have... makes a great toilet decoration :)

Almost official... the Wittschen's!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

OMG!! I am so happy that you put the group picture on here...hilarious!! I had a good laugh. I don't think I was trying to make a pouty face, I think I was just like, "Oh my gosh, I can't see anything because of the damn sun!!" LOL!!!!!