Saturday, March 27, 2010

David Beckham's Future Competition

Seeing how much energy my lil man has, and his obsession/love for balls I look forward to when he can play in little league sports. I believe that he will have to be 4 before he will be able to play in a real league, so we patiently wait. He absolutely loves to throw balls, bounce balls, try to catch balls, hit balls on the tee, putt balls with golf clubs and lately, he has gotten really into kicking the soccer ball. I watch him online while he is at school, and I see him kicking the ball quite often. Kevin asked his teacher if he kicks to other kids, and she said nope he will just kick it around by himself sometimes for 20 minutes or so. This makes Kevin very happy, since he played and was really good at it. Kevin loves soccer, and hopes that Dane will want to play when he is older, and he would love to be one of his coaches. Dane says "pay game" (play game) now which means he either wants to kick the soccer ball back and forth or throw and catch the football. I would love for him to play soccer or baseball, but ultimately it's his decision on what he will play. We won't be parents who force him to play something he doesn't want to play, although we do plan on introducing him to stuff, so he can see what all is out there. At this point I think it is fair to say he will be a kid who enjoys "something" with a ball. :)

Here's another fun fact about me that I am sure that not too many people know... this is Just another reason why Kevin and I are perfect for each other. ha I played soccer my junior and senior year of high school. Well, play isn't really a term I should use. I was on the team, and kept the bench company. My junior year was my high school's 1st year to ever have a girl's soccer team. So, pretty much all of the cheerleaders and drill team girls were recruited to be apart of the team. Our team was horrible...think we only won one game the entire two years, but we actually had a lot of fun.. I think it helped that we got to travel with the boy varsity team! :)

Anyway, I have found out about an organization from friends called soccertots that Kevin and I are looking into putting Dane into just for the summer. Here is what is on their website- I copied and pasted it... SoccerTots® is a franchised child physical development program that uses a variety of fun games to delight and engage kids in physical activity. The curriculum is professionally designed to develop motor skills, promote physical fitness, and create self confidence in kids and younger children. It stresses a non-competitive environment and promotes fun above all else. - They take kids as young as 18 months, and pretty much it is like a gymboree but more sports oriented. I figured he wouldn't be in school during the summer, and this would give him somewhere to run and play once a week, and give us something to do. We'll see.

We are also going to put him into swimming lessons in July. I want to start him early, because I know from experience the older you get the harder it is to learn, and the more fearful you get. He would have done it last year, but you know the whole cast thing caused an issue! I was a scaredy cat when it came to me learning to swim, and I can still remember some traumatic experiences from my lessons... like jumping off the high dive. So, I don't want him to be scared... and I really want him to become a good swimmer, because you just never know what can happen! It's going to be an interesting summer to say the least... lots going on. Someone turns 30 *ahem*, taking a trip for that someone's 30th, a trip to Vermont for Kevin's graduation... can I get a hallelujah, and then extra curricular activities may be in the mix as well.

Here's a video of my soccer player... it is a little off centered, and part of the video is cut off on the right side... I have no idea why or how to fix it... :(


Some pictures of my lil man in action

If you look close you can see Dane's lil muscle in his calf. I think this could just be the angle or something, because I don't think it;s that noticeable already... but if so this would Once again be something he got from his daddy.




1 comment:

The Momoh Family said...

That video was super cute!!! He is getting big! OK here it is,,, I played soccer too. In the 4th grade,,,, I was also a bench warmer. :)