Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lady Antebellum

Kevin and I were so excited to have my mom come into town and watch Dane so we could get out and have some time just the 2 of us. It had been way too long, and we were definitely needing a date night. So, Kevin and I got to spend Monday and the entire day Tuesday together, and we just had the best time. It was like we were dating again with no responsibilities or anything that we had to do. My mom was really pushing us out of the house, wanting us to spend as much time away since we don't get to do it that often. And, I think she just wanted the lil man to herself so she could spoil him. :)

While we were getting ready to leave I heard our neighborhood ice cream truck coming through (YES we have a ice cream truck that drives through here every day after school in the spring, and all summer). And then the music sounded like it was playing out of our garage. Looked out the window and my mom and Dane were buying ice cream. This would be our first purchase from the truck... so they enjoyed ice cream sandwiches outside. And Dane had no problems saying bye bye to us. He knew he was about to hang out with Granny, and all things were fine.


So, before we went to the rodeo Monday, we went to my all time favorite restaurant, Escalantes. It is a Mexican restaurant, but is no where near where we live, and by far they have the BEST queso. Kevin asked if I wanted to go somewhere nice, but I just wanted Escalantes! I have to have it if we are on that side of town. We hung out there for a while, and had so much fun. We just really enjoyed laughing and cutting up. We had some funny people sitting near us, so we tend to people watch quite a bit and crack some jokes. Kevin and I have this thing where we always try to take a picture of ourselves by holding the camera out in front of us. Not sure why we keep attempting this, because we NEVER get a good pic out of it. But, we continue to do it, because I am determined. We asked the lady who re-filled our chips to take our picture, and she ran off and went into the kitchen... seriously. We cracked up. It was almost like she didn't know what to do... or maybe she didn't speak English... not sure, but it was funny.

Here are some of my attempts to get a cute pic...



After spending some time re-connecting at the restaurant we headed over to the rodeo. We got there little early so we could watch some of the bull riding and all that other stuff they do. Clueless when it comes to horses jumping over barrels. We found a parking spot pretty close to the arena... we were feeling lucky! My favorite part was watching the little kids ride the sheep... not sure what the point of this event is, but they are so cute. They were 5 year olds, and I think that every single one of them got a trophy. It was hilarious to watch though... these little kids get put on a sheep, and hold on for dear life as the sheep ran across to the other side. Like how does a parent just decide um I think I may put my child in the sheep racing contest? funny concept.

Then it was time for the concert... Lady Antebellum put on a great concert. I really love their music and they did not disappoint me with the live show. I love watching concerts at the rodeo.. it is a total different atmosphere than just a regular concert. Lady Antebellum has a really cool vibe, and they just totally rocked it out. Kevin and I had a blast. We did sit by a HESHE or a SHIM which ever you prefer. I seriously couldn't figure out if it was a HE or SHE. Not only was it a HESHE, but it had the best mullet that we have ever seen!! You all know what a mullet is right? It's the hair style that is BUSINESS IN THE FRONT, PARTY IN THE BACK?? But, this was the ultimate mullet... like if you look up in the dictionary the word mullet you would see this picture. I wish that I would have taken a picture.. but I was kind of scared though that it might beat me up... It was like a bad wreck.. you don't want to look, but you just can't seem to turn your eyes away. Good times!! The people watching at the rodeo can always be entertaining!! Lots of rednecks attend these functions!
Some pics of the band...





Monday night was awesome... and we had even a better time Tuesday... but you have to wait for that post about Tuesday until tomorrow! Sorry! I'm tired!

No comments: