Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Peace Out my White Friends

I had to say goodbye to all my white friends...

well, not all my white friends, just the ones who like to add weight to my thighs, butt, and stomach!

I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with sugar and the white carbs.

I love them!! But, they have not been nice to me... so it was time to kick them to the curb.

I'm on day 13 of my NO SUGAR LOW CARB diet, and I have lost 7lbs!! When I started I honestly didn't think I would be able to do it. But, day after day it has gotten easier, and the temptation to cheat has lessened. The first couple days I wanted to cheat so bad, but didn't. Now I have gone this long that I'm terrified to cheat, and my desire to do so is very little because I don't want to mess up what I have done for the past 12 days. I have completely given up all breads, pastas, anything with flour, and sugar. I have been staying under 10-15 carbs a day, and those carbs come from vegetables, cheeses, meats, eggs and things like that. I have to say I am proud of myself. That's not to say I haven't had any frustrating moments, or maybe even a tantrum or two. The other night I think Kevin thought I had completely lost my mind. I was so annoyed with my dinner options that night, and wanted to just sit in my closet and eat every single piece of Easter candy that we had... but I didn't! Thankfully! And, my hubby has been very supportive. He has been a grilling fool for me, and willing to get new recipes to try so I'm not eating the same thing over and over. This diet has made me start checking everything for the carb count, and I'm shocked at how many carbs everyday food has, and foods that I consumed a lot of on a daily basis.

I'm sharing this with you all, so maybe it will keep me focused and motivated. And maybe, if you are around me, and see me tempted to invite my white friends over for dinner you can encourage me to STOP and RE-FOCUS!! :) I'll keep you updated on my progress. Should be an interesting adventure!

3 comments:

Kelly Marler said...

Hi I saw your blog on Sarah's list. I am just checking your blog out. :) I wish I had the patience to even check the carb. I want to encourage you and say YOU CAN DO IT...for all of us who want to but don't. Keep up the hard work! My friend who is a nutritional Dr., she says "everything in moderation"...that way you don't go crazy and binge out of desperation. Your body craves certain things for a reason. Anywho- Believe and have confidence you can do it, AND YOU WILL!!! Go Girl!

Football and Fairytales said...

I want to know what diet you are doing! 7 lbs in two weeks is enough motivation for me!!!!

The Momoh Family said...

You go girl!! Good for you!!!