Monday, May 17, 2010

25 Random Things

I saw this on a blog I read a few days ago, and decided to do it myself. I might have done this before and just can't remember, but I have nothing else to blog about so this is what you get.

The object is to list 25 random things about yourself that maybe some people don't know. The idea is for people to learn more about you, and play along as well and then you find out things about them. Easy enough. Maybe I can get Kevin to do this also. We'll see.

In no particular order:

1. I am a ponytail, jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. I love to get dressed up, but am the most comfortable in a favorite pair of jeans with my hair back.

2. My least favorite subject in school was history, besides Spanish and find it very ironic that I married someone with a masters degree in history.

3. I HAVE to wash my hair every morning. Even if I wash it the night before, it has to be washed in the morning for my hair to fix the way I want it. My hair gets oily quickly, and if I sleep on clean hair it will look oily by lunch time.

4. I am a lip gloss girl... very rarely will I actually wear lipstick. I like that gloss isn't dry, keeps lips looking shiny, and is natural looking

5. I have been a flower girl 2 times, bridesmaid 9 times- only one time after I was married, and was the cake cutter only once... I could open my own bridal shop with dresses from every color to choose from.

6. I am a joint popper... I pop everything from my fingers, wrists, elbows, knees, toes, hips, neck and back. If it can be popped I will pop it. It's a bad habit, but it is one that I can not break out of.

7. No matter how tired I am during the day, I have never been one to nap. I just can't do it, no matter how hard I try. If it is daylight outside, I just can't get my mind to settle down to take a nap.

8. I love to take Personality, career, aptitude and relationship tests and see which category I fall under. The majority of the time the analysis is right on for my personality. Psychology was one of my favorite subjects in high school, and in college because I love researching different personalities, and how people interact with one another. Maybe this is why I love to people watch as much as I do.

9. I have lost 17 lbs!!! I was hoping to be at 20 lbs by now, but am pleased with my progress anyway.

10. I like to eat popcorn with m&m's. I got this from my girl Tab, when we lived together. She did it, and I tried it, and now can not eat popcorn without having at least 1 m&m in my mouth at the same time. It's just not the same without the chocolate.

11. My blood type is O-, which happens to be a very rare blood type...7% of the population apparently. Had no idea of this until i was pregnant with Dane, and found out that since my blood type is opposite from Kevin's O+ I had to have a shot while pregnant to protect Dane during delivery. Dane also had to have a shot after he was born as well, and then I had to have another one after the delivery for my next child. This was very Weird to me. Dane is O+ just like his daddy.

12. I graduated high school in a class of 127 people, but we were still classified as 4A. Very small 4A school, that is now 3A. They fought that we stayed 4A as hard as they could, so we could play the better teams in football. Football is MAJOR thing in my hometown.

13. The only way I will eat pickles is if it is on a McDonald's cheeseburger... not really a fan otherwise

14. I can only sleep on my left side, with my knees curled. I have pictures from when I was little asleep this way, and it has not changed. I wake up 99% of the time on my left side as well.

15. I don't like fruity flavored things. I like certain fruits, but hate fruity drinks, desserts, food etc.

16. The hotter it gets here, the more I think I'm suppose to live in another state. I love cold weather, love the idea of seasons, the idea of wearing heavy coats. But, actually thinking about moving makes me nervous.

17. I am the grumpiest when I am hot and sweaty. Hunger brings out the grumpiness also, but nothing like when I am hot. Pretty much it's better if you don't talk to me after I have been running... I can't fake a good mood when I am that hot and nasty. Hence the fact for # 16.

18. I have only slept in a hospital on two occasions- 1. when Dane was born 2. when Dane had surgery. I have never had any serious illnesses, injuries that required hospitalization, any type of surgery, never been put to sleep, etc.

19. I don't like being tickled. At all. It is suppose to be funny, and to make you laugh. I find it annoying, and it makes me mad. Kevin has learned very quickly on, that tickling me will put me in a bad mood for a long time.

20. I love to shop, but I hate shopping in stores that everything is just mixed together and you have to dig for what you want. Examples: Ross, Marshalls, TJ Max... I just don't have the patience to dig. If it was neatly organized on the racks with the same shirts together organized by size I could probably find great deals there. But the chaos frustrates me.

21. I do most of my cell phone talking while on my way home from work. The traffic drives me absolutely crazy, and talking to Kevin, my mom or friends usually help pass the time.

22. I have the most sensitive gag reflex imaginable. Just talking about things that gross me out will get me dry heaving. If something smells bad, if it's a gross sound or looks yucky it can cause me to gag. I am known for this at home, and at work.

23. I have EVERY single card that Kevin has ever given me stored in a box. He is a card giving fool, so I have tons and tons. And he writes sweet messages in every single one. He has given me so many cards, that he accidentally gave me the same card twice. By the time that we are married for 50 years, I'm sure that I will have to have an entire room dedicated to storing the cards.

24. I love using !!!!s when I am trying to get my point across. Sometimes, I go overboard with them, but they make me think the recipient is understanding my emotion. I use them when I am excited, angry, happy etc. One would be sufficient, but 3 or 4 really drive it home!!!! :)

25. Turning 30 in 3 weeks and 3 days. Hard to believe. And feel as though I have miscalculated, and should only be like 26. Bummed about the number, but excited that I will be with my girls on a road trip for this occasion.

No comments: