Sunday, June 6, 2010

Birthday Date Night


Since I am going to be out of town with my girlfriends for my birthday, Kevin wanted to do something special for me to celebrate my big day that is fast approaching. So, he planned for my mom to come into town to watch Dane, made reservations at a fabulous restaurant and got us a hotel room near the galleria. The evening was amazing, and we had so much fun.
My mom got into town about lunch time, so we all went and had lunch at a new mexican restaurant that has become our favorite these days. Then afterwards Kevin and I headed out to start our day/night away. We went to the galleria to do some shopping for a couple hours, then headed to Hotel Derek to check in and relax before it was time to get ready for dinner. We had dinner at The Melting Pot, which is a fondue restaurant. We had both heard that this restaurant was really neat, the food was delicious, and that it would be a fun experience. This restaurant exceeded all that and more. It was absolutely awesome, and the food was SO good and to die for. We ordered the spinach artichoke cheese fondue for an appetizer, and the waiter made it all right in front of us. We had bread, chips, veggies and apples to dip in this sauce. I don't have the words to use to describe how awesome this tasted. It was DELICIOUS. Very Yummy! Then we got our main course which was a plate of uncooked meats, and seafood that we got to cook ourselves in a fondue of coq au vin broth. The hot plate on our table was so HOT that we were told that it only took 2 minutes to cook the meats. The fondue pots created lots and lots of steam which you will see in one of the pictures. I had chicken, filet mignon, teriyaki steak, and Kevin had all that plus shrimp and salmon. We had different sauces to dip the meats in. Once again, we were shocked at how good the food was. Man, it was GOOD!! By this time we were getting pretty stuffed, but we HAD to get a dessert fondue! So, we ordered milk chocolate fondue, and were given brownies, strawberries, rice krispie treats, pound cake, cheese cake, marshmallows and bananas to dip into it. OH MY GOSH, is right! The picture of the dessert dippers was only a 1/3rd of what they gave us. I took the picture after we had eaten some of it, so imagine even more is what we got. I could have drank the milk chocolate it was so delicious. We pigged out, but it was AMAZING! The experience was so neat. We were in a tiny booth that had tall walls in between the other tables so it really made you feel like you were the only people in the restaurant. It was very romantic, with candles and soft light. It took about 2 hours to do the whole dinner, but we had an amazing time. This place was perfect for a special occasion, and I'm so thankful that Kevin wanted to do something so nice for my 30th birthday. We had a blast with our night away. I love date nights with my sweet hubby!







2 comments:

fondue said...

Well, you guys looked like you really had fun. I'm not surprise actually, because most people I know really enjoy fondue dinner, even if it's their first time to try such style of dining. Just the other week, I threw a fondue party for my college friends who happen to be in town in time for my 3rd baby's Christening. We all had so much fun! Fondue for me is simply amazing, yum!

The Momoh Family said...

You guys look so cute! Kevin is so sweet! Jayne,.... You've always been pretty,, but lately you look really pretty!! You go girl!