Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Astros vs Cubs

Take me out to the ball game. Take me out to the crowd. Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks...

Yes, another baseball post. Seems like we have been talking about baseball a lot lately. Well, here is another one. Last night the 3 of us went to Minute Maid to watch our two favorite teams play against each other. The Astros vs Chicago Cubs. Kevin lived in Chicago before he met me for a while, so he loves the Cubs.

I know I am going to get persecuted for this, but we wore Cubs shirts!! Hold on hold on, before you start throwing stuff at me, and sending me hate mail let me just defend myself. First of all, Dane doesn't have an Astros' shirt that fits him anymore, and Kevin only has one shirt but he hates it because the way the neck line is. (Remember his random facts). So, they were planning on wearing their Cub's shirts. So, I was debating what team I should wear. At first I was going to wear the Astros shirt, but when I was packing up my clothes yesterday morning to bring to work I couldn't find my shirt. And I wasn't going to run around like crazy looking for it when I had to get to work. Lame excuse, right? Second, I thought it would be cute for us to all match with the same team. Third, we get to root for the Astros all the time, but how often do you get to see a Cubs game??? So we went with the Cubs. But, I will say that we got confused several times during the game, and when the Astros did something good we cheered. haha But, the Cubs ended up winning! Really a win win for us, it didn't really mattered to us who won.

Dane was beyond thrilled to go watch the baseball game, and eat pop corn. He loved it, and had a blast. He cheered, and screamed, and laughed, and got a couple balloons, ate too much junk etc. He was in hog heaven. We didn't get to stay through the entire game, because you can only give Dane so much popcorn and candy and tell him to stop climbing the fence to the field so many times before you just call it a day. But, it was fun seeing our 2 teams play. And, unfortunately the Astros haven't been playing well this year, so it was not a packed house. But, FYI kids are free all summer, which was nice.

Go Teams!!







1 comment:

melanie said...

hey jayne, it was so fun meeting you sunday. i'm glad to find your blog too! the astros pics are so cute, i love the last one of you & dane... he is such a cutie! i like the cubs colors better than the astros so i would've gone with the cubs shirt too! have a great week!