Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hanging with Friends

We spent 90% of this past weekend with our friends, the Gonzalez Gang. Friday afternooon we hung out at their house with another couple, pretty much laughing the entire time. The kids were treated with a very healthy dinner... happy meals from Mc Donalds, and then later on we devoured a pizza. Dane enjoyed playing with his friends, and grew very attached to Zach's Buzz lightening doll ( guess I should call it an action figure haha) from the movie Toy story. I thought we were going to have to hold him down to pry his fingers loose from it when it was time to go home. Not sure why the little booger goes places, and immediately finds a new favorite toy, and then claims it as his own. But, Sophie and Zach always let him play with whatever he claims, with no fight!
Saturday around lunch time there was a Cy-fair picnic at Christy's family's old property which was donated to the county and has since been turned into a historical part of Cypress. I was hoping Dane would eat a hotdog like the rest of all the other kids, but no such luck. I am seriously getting paid back from when I was a picky eater as a child. Dane is a terrible eater... not sure how to change that either. Any who...

Saturday evening Granny and Poppy came to Houston to watch Dane while Kevin and I got to have an adult only evening to celebrate Christy's birthday. We had a night out with lots of friends, and had a blast! Funny little side note... I had gotten Christy a card that I felt was just perfect for her, only to find out that I gave her the EXACT same card last year!!! How does that happen? It must really be a perfect card for her, don't ya think?

Hopefully, I will be able to put pictures from Saturday night soon... just patiently waiting for someone to upload them and send them to me. **ahem**
And that's our weekend in a nutshell.




No comments: