Saturday, August 28, 2010

Prayer

I've been M.I.A the past week. This week has been a rough one to be honest. It has been filled with a lot of bad news, a lot of frustration, sadness, worry etc. It just hasn't been a good week. For starters Kevin's parents called one day this week to let us know that their dog, Taffy had gone to doggie heaven. Taffy was 13 years old, and just a great dog. She was very sweet, calm and so good around Dane, so this was heartbreaking news to hear. Before I met Taffy I was quite scared of big dogs, but after being around her a couple times my fear started to go away. We were really bummed to hear about Taffy, but so glad that she lived as long as she did so Dane could be around her the last couple years. Please pray for Jackie and Barry, with the lost of the their sweet Taffy. After 13 years a dog becomes a part of the family.

This just set the tone for the week. My work days were filled with massive amounts of frustrations, we got some bad news about a couple friends, and found out someone I knew had passed away. Then we got some really bad and scary news. I got a phone call from my mom saying that my sister was being rushed to the ER. My sister has a ton of heath problems, and takes a ton of medicine on a daily basis. She is in a lot of pain on any given day and takes aspirin to relieve it. Well, she ended up accidentally overdosing on aspirin, which caused a massive seizure that she could not be woken up from. We say accidentally because we don't think she did it intentionally, because she also suffers from some short term memory loss due to some of our health issues. She is in ICU at the moment, on a respirator (which now she is being weaned from), she is stable, but still in very critical condition. So, please pray for her, and for the Lord to heal her from this. Her kidneys and bloodstream have been flushed out as much as they could be from dialysis, but her liver levels are still very dangerously high. It has been a very stressful time, especially for my mom.

Also, please pray for those who have lost loved ones, have found out bad news about their family members, and those who are just emotionally suffering.

1 comment:

Kody and Corby Brooks said...

I'm sorry to hear about your sister! I will be praying for her!