Thursday, November 18, 2010

BLAH

We are still here..still alive.  This week has been probably the most unproductive week of my life.  Dane has been sick ALL week, and we literally have spent every day getting caught up on all his movies and cartoons.  The last 3 days Dane and I have gotten lots of cuddling in.  He has been pretty clingy and whiny and just plain pitiful, so we have spent hours and hours laying on the couch watching tv.  I hate to even admit this, but I have been in my pjs more the last 3 days than I have my entire life.  Ok, not really that much.  But a lot!! I'm feeling very stir crazy, and actually looking forward to getting away tomorrow and spending 10 hrs at work.
So, sorry for the lack of blogging.  I haven't had anything to blog about.  Literally nothing.  I haven't even taken a single picture this entire week since Sunday.

But, since he has been sick and not wanting to play or do much we actually have made a little progress in the potty area.  He has told me two mornings in a row when he wakes up and I tell him I need to change his diaper that he needs to use the potty.  Several times during the day today and yesterday I would mention it to him, and he would want to sit on it, and actually several times succeeded.  Then last night I just about fell over when he was in the bath tub taking a bath, and told me he needed to use the potty.  Lots of potty celebrating the last couple days.  It's all about control for him.  He can do it, knows when he needs to, but if it's not his idea he wants no part of it.  He is very strong willed, and that is coming out more and more.

That's all I got.  Sorry to bore you to tears.  Dane is going back to his school tomorrow, and I'm crossing my fingers that we don't get a call to come get him.  This weekend I have another photo shoot, and we plan on going to the Renaissance Festival if the weather is nice.  So hopefully, I'll have more to blog about soon!!

No comments: