Sunday, November 21, 2010

November Already?

I can't believe that we are already in the week of Thanksgiving.  Where has this year gone?? I'm in denial that my baby boy will be 3 the last day of January. 3!! Didn't I just plan his 2nd birthday party? It's a bitter sweet thing for me.  I feel ready to move past this terrible two stage.  It's a hard, complicated and frustrating stage.  He challenges us pretty much all day long, test the boundaries over and over, throws fits when he doesn't get his way, puts the word stubborn and strong willed in our vocabulary and etc etc.  But, at the same time I don't want him to get any bigger.  I love this stage that we are in.  He is learning so much, and talking a lot, is hilarious 95% of the day, so playful and energetic and has turned into a little person who can be so loving and sweet. I love how creative and imaginative he has gotten with this stage, and how he is so easily entertained with just the simple things.  But, I can't make the time slow down.  It's just going by too fast.

Last year at this time I was completely done with my Christmas shopping, and had already started working on the plans for his birthday party.  It doesn't feel like the holidays are right around the corner this year, but they are.  Once Thanksgiving is over December will fly by.  I have finished shopping for the little man, but still have everyone else left to shop for.  And I haven't even started thinking about his birthday other than the theme.  I have a feeling it's going to get quite busy for me pretty soon!

This weekend we ended up not doing much.  Saturday after my photo shoot Kevin watched football, and I made my weekly trip to Target, and finished up with my shopping for the little man.  And, of course that evening we had to watch the AGGIES play.  Dane is so cute when he cheers for them. He screams TOUCH DOWN all the time, even when they are on commercial.  They won, so of course the hubby was very happy.  We had planned on going to the festival, but changed our minds as we were getting dressed to leave.  We figured it probably wasn't a great idea with Dane this year.  Not sure if he would have cooperated for us to watch the shows there, so it would have been a waste of money.  Maybe in the next few years.  So, today we went and did some looking around at IKEA and a couple other places for a table to put in Dane's play room instead.  We had no luck, so decided we needed a blizzard to help with our frustrations! And then we came home, and turned the evening into movie and popcorn night.  Exciting huh!  Yeah, I'm sorry I just even went into detail about all that nothingness.

Dane saw Kevin wearing an Aggie t-shirt or "football shirt" as he calls it, and wanted to wear his today also.  GO AGGIES!

No comments: