Friday, November 26, 2010

Time to Decorate!

I got Kevin to pull out all the boxes filled with Christmas decorations a couple days ago so I could start decorating the house.  Dane was very excited to see all the Christmas things.  He wanted to play with everything, and "help" us put everything in it's place.  We haven't done our tree yet, but I can tell you that we will probably decorate it when he is asleep this year.  Whew, he pretty much drove me and Kevin to the brink of insanity while trying to decorate.  He just kept messing with everything, and wanted to be the one to put things on shelves or tables.  He had quite a few meltdowns along the way.  Mr Independent constantly wanting to do everything himself, and have things his way.  Needless to say decorating the house hasn't been much fun this year. ha

 He became very attached to a particular stuffed Santa that I have.  And when I say attached I mean he thinks it is his new friend, carries it around the house, won't let me put him up as a decoration, and has even slept with him one night.  He tells me over and over that this Santa is "mine".  It's so weird the things he becomes attached to and why.  I wonder if this is how Dane will be with the "real" Santa when we go and see him.  My guess is probably not.  I have a feeling we may be 0-3 with Santa this year, as well.  So, we will see!






No comments: