Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas in Cypress Part 2

Christmas Eve-

Jackie wanted a family picture of all of us in our Aggie shirts, so we started off the day with a photo shoot at the park I have taken several family pictures at.  Wasn't sure how it would turn out since I don't really use my tripod all that often, and getting Dane to sit still long enough while using a timer seems like a hard task.  But, I have to say that the pictures turned out pretty good, and little man did awesome! He thought it was pretty funny listening to the timer on the camera, and then would get excited when it would actually snap the picture.  He would say "let's do it again".  We also bribed him with getting to open a present if he was good when we got home.  Whatever works...is my philosophy.  I only used the timer and tripod when I was in the picture, but don't think you can tell that I had to run and get in my spot before it snapped! I was impressed that all 10 eyes were looking at the camera!





These next few pics are just some random ones from our house...  Notice what he is sitting on.  Grandpa is a Shiner Bock drinker, and he can't find that in New York, so anytime that he is in town he has to buy cases of it to bring back with him.  Pretty interesting all that they have to get while they are in Texas... Grandma drinks a particular tea that is impossible to find in New York as well.





When we got home we let Dane open up a present from his Great Grandmother, Kevin's grandmother who lives in New Orleans.  He pulled it out and everyone was like it's a..... it's a......
pillow pet! lol Not sure if anyone but me even knew what it was.  I have seen these on tv and in Target.  They are just that...a pet that turns into a pillow.  Dane got a bumble bee one.  Very Interesting! haha  Perfect present to open right before his nap!! Dane was excited and was actually content with having to take a nap since we let him bring it with him to bed.  Very sweet of her to send him a gift back with Kevin's parents, because she had already sent him a Christmas gift earlier in the month.  



We prepared a big Christmas Eve dinner that afternoon.  We had enough food for a small army, and it was delicious!!  I told Kevin yesterday that if I had to eat turkey or dirty rice again anytime soon I would scream.  It was very yummy the first 5 times we ate it, but after that I grew a little tired of it! haha

Then it was time to open up some presents from Grandma and Grandpa.  Of course Dane was very excited! He immediately started pulling out presents one by one from under the tree.  Lots of fun things for the little man.  Grandpa got Dane a LARGE tube of cars.  70 to be exact!!!!! I think we need a new house just to store all the cars! HA Thanks Grandpa! The next time that Dane goes to New York I will make sure to pack all 70 cars for you and him to play with! hehe
Kevin's dad got him this apron from October Fest in New York, and this gigantic German beer and mug...HILARIOUS!! This picture doesn't do a great job of showing exactly how big it was.  It's HUGE for real!!






 We ended the evening with going to our Church for The Christmas Eve Service.  Even though it was storming and we got pretty soaked running into the church we had a great time.  The service was wonderful,  great music and sermon.  I love on Christmas Eve when they light up the entire sanctuary by candle light and sing Silent Night.  It's my all time favorite part of the night.  

Kevin's Aunt Barby from New Orleans sent Dane that character and a book with that character in it.  Cute! So Dane wanted him/her in the picture as well.  Dane couldn't ever remember the name of the character (which I can't either now) so he would just call it "my barby".  lol So Funny!
We got back from church, and it was pretty late so Dane immediately got put to bed.  We set up all the Christmas morning goodies and presents and went to bed ourselves.  I woke up about 5:30 in the morning and remembered we forgot to put out cookies and milk for Santa!! WHOOPS! I hope Santa forgave us and still left some fun stuff for the little man!! Stay tuned for Christmas morning!

No comments: