Friday, January 21, 2011

BLAH

Dane has a double ear infection, congested in his chest, his nose makes a snoring noise even when awake, and has enough snot for a small village...
Kevin is hoarse, and sounding like an 80 year old woman who smokes a couple packs a day...
And I am feeling very achy, head feels heavy and I feel like I could seriously sleep for days...

It's going to be a GREAT weekend!


Dane was running fever again, so had to be taken to the doctor today.  I was thinking maybe strep, since we got a note home from his school the day before advising all parents that strep was going around, and lots of kids had been infected.  But, double ear infection was Dane's diagnosis instead.  So, I guess we are home bound again this weekend.  I hope to catch up on some tv that I have recorded, and maybe some sleep.  We'll see how it all plays out.  Dane doesn't really act too sick, so I don't think there is much chance that he will just chill tomorrow.  His chocolate milk addiction doesn't seem to take a back seat when we are feeling bad.  He is always on, and expects us to be also.

In other news have I mentioned that I am living with a professor?  Yeah, that's right ladies and gents Kevin is now Professor Wittschen! Kevin got a part time job teaching a night class at a private college, Concordia University.  It's a mini session, meaning only 4 weeks long.  Yesterday was the 3rd week of the session, and he has really enjoyed it!! Earlier this week he got a call from the director and wanted to know if he would teach another class in February once this class is over.  Yeah!!  One of the directors came and observed him last week, and liked what they saw and offered him another class!!!  It makes for some long days after he works at his regular job all day, then has to travel to the south side of Houston and teach that class from 6-10 pm.  But, it is great! We are really excited!! He is getting some college level experience, his foot in the door at a University, and of course extra income is always nice too.

My sister is actually improving.  It really is unbelievable given her prognosis.  The nurses and doctors really are shocked.  They have the sedation completely off, so she has been awake quite a bit, and has responded quite a bit.  They sill have her on a respirator, and she may have to have a temporary trach in the near future.  Her lungs have gotten slightly better, and the swelling in her right arm and hand have gone down a little as well, which means that the clot is decreasing.  God is Good.  Keep up the prayers!

So, it looks like the consensus is keep Dane's hair short!! Thanks for voting, Ya'll! I'm still torn, to be honest.  I like it all spiked up, but I loved his longer hair as well.  It's a good change though, for now.  I'm sure he will have several hair styles through the years.

Alright, I'm off to bed.  Have a great weekend!! If you need us we will be curled up in blankets on the couch or in bed probably watching movies all weekend...or at least that is what I am hoping that Dane will let us do.  Fat Chance, I'm sure!

No comments: