Friday, February 25, 2011

A day dedicated to myself

My day in pictures...cell phone pictures, so not great quality, but hey it's better than nothing. 
Around the time I rolled out of bed... if I'm being honest this is when I woke up, but laid around for another 45 minutes
Played on the Internet for a bit
Got my favorite breakfast...

Did some shopping alone for once...  Got a new shirt, Dane some new shorts and Kevin got the hook up as well
And there should be a picture of a cookie... I indulged in a cookie from Nestle Toll House, but was so excited to eat it that I forgot to take a picture...so just picture a gooey chocolate chip cookie here... :)
Got a manicure that was LONG over due
Needed another drink after my shopping excursion... Sonic's Vanilla Diet Dr Pepper

Came home to watch all my recorded reality shows I'm behind on

tried to fix myself a glass of wine, but then realized that I had never opened a bottle of wine before, and was clueless what to do with cork screw opener (yeah I know! how is that even possible), and obviously didn't do it correctly because the cork started to travel south after it was pretty much torn to pieces and I panicked and stopped messing with it... so no wine to end the day
So rented a movie instead
My Knight in Shining Armour arrived home and was able to get the cork completely out without getting any cork in the wine... of course, he laughed at me while doing it.  But, he is my hero! haha 
And then he took little man outside to play so I could enjoy my glass of wine and the ending to my day alone!

Ahh... this is the life!

Until tomorrow! :)

5 comments:

Robin Lamprecht said...

Was it all you thought it would be?

N's Mommy said...

So jealous!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Love your day, it was very similar to mine. Next time, we should indulge together! I am a good wine-opener (is that a word?), so we will be good to go! Add some queso and I'd say it's a perfect day.

Christy said...

So happy that your "alone day" was an awesome one!