Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A requirement that has never been used

When we were house hunting for our home we had a list of requirements that had to be in the house for it to be considered "the one".  
I wanted 4 bedrooms so we would have an extra room for guest or an office
an open feel 
a room that could be used as a play room
enough storage/cabinets in the kitchen
decent size master bedroom
a fireplace

We wanted a fireplace.  Even though it's never really cold enough to actually use one here in Texas, I had visions of us all cuddling around by the fire.  Cheesy huh.  Well, guess what we have been in our house for about 3 1/2 years now, and we have NEVER turned the thing on.  EVER.  I don't even think we have even thought about starting a fire.  

Today it has been below freezing temperatures here in Houston.  Suppose to be the same tomorrow. And we might get snow flurries on Friday.  Well, if this isn't a perfect time to start a fire, then I don't think there will ever be a better time.  

And what do you know... our fireplace created a nice cozy fire!!!


Speaking of snow... Ya'll people are completely losing their minds, and freaking out about the "blizzard" that will be approaching here in Houston.  It's crazy to hear what people are saying.  I mean I understand that we don't get snow that often, so no one knows how to really drive in it and all that, but come on!! For real.  One day of snow flurries.  One day.  I think we will survive.  I'm sure the entire city of Houston will be shut down, all the schools will be closed, and the stores will be completely sold out of water and bread.  It cracks me up.  I think all the states that actually have "winter" thinks Texans are a bunch of weenies!!!!  I hope that we do get snow!! A bunch of it!!!!!

No comments: