Tuesday, March 8, 2011

About to get to a whole new level of cheesiness....

You have been forewarned...

I said I was dedicating this week to my relationship with the hubby, and how we got to where we are today. I have files and files of memories stored in my brain from our years together, and a lot of them can be triggered from just hearing a song.  As most know Kevin is a Music Man. I am to pictures as Kevin is to Music.

----------------------------------------------
Just to give you a few...

The very 1st time that Kevin kissed me was to this very song.  We were hanging out in my apartment when this song started playing.  Before I knew it we were country dancing right there in my living room.  All my worries and stress was completely lifted, and I think for the 1st time I was living in the moment.  He was spinning me around, and we were two stepping away. We made eye contact, he put both hands on my cheeks and then planted the sweetest kiss on me.  Best moment of all times! I had found my fairy tale!



------------------------------------

We had been dating for a little while, and we were completely inseparable.  Spending every single waking moment together, there just wasn't enough time in the day.  I had found someone who for once made me 100% happy, and completely understood me and wanted to spend as much time with me as I did with him.
We were in Kevin's truck driving to our destination.  It was our 1st road trip, when Kevin told me that he had a song he wanted me to hear, something that described how he was feeling and he thought I would really like it.  That I did! I think we listened to this song a hundred times in the couple hours we were in the car.  We were in a Beautiful Mess, and I was loving every minute of it!


-------------------------------------

One of the most romantic things Kevin ever did for me was a couple months after Dane was born he took a song that we liked and changed the words to fit our life.  The song counts out in days when the couple in the song met, their first date, when they said I love you, got married etc etc.  Kevin changed the lyrics to fit what actually happened in our life and counted out the days for our relationship.  He typed it up in a pretty font and printed it out on nice thick paper and gave it to me at dinner one night.
This moment is in the top 10 for sure

Here are some of the lines he wrote:
Day 1 I helped you move across the avenue...
And our first date on Day Eight, you tried to pay, no way...
Day twenty four I said I love you...
You said I do on day two eighty nine...
-----------------
I love that he figured out the exact number for 70 years... twenty thousand five hundred sixty eight





Music... helps keep the memories alive!

No comments: