Friday, March 4, 2011

It's about to get deep in here...

Since our 5 year anniversary is approaching I thought it would be nice to dedicate this week to my relationship with the hubs.  Guess I'm feeling all mushy and lovey - dovey. So be forewarned there may be some a lot of cheesiness ahead, and me just being REAL.

----------------------------------------------

Several months leading up to when I first met Kevin in 2005 I was not in a good place in my life.  In all honesty I was in a real funk; a dark dark place that was filled with sadness, depression, heartache, & devastation.
I had just got done with radiation therapy school, and things were not going as planned...whatsoever. In fact I was pretty much thinking that I had just spent several years in school for absolutely nothing and the whole experience would be chalked up to a waste of time and money.  A rough start to my career would be a total understatement.
 I was not looking for a boyfriend WHATSOEVER.  In fact, I was shying away from dating all together.  I had several girlfriends who thought it was their job to hook me up with friends that they knew, and I would go out on dates but my heart just wasn't in it.  My heart had been wounded.  During the early part of summer of 2004 several of my closest girlfriends all started to get in engaged and married. All while my 2 1/2 year long relationship with my boyfriend had started to completely fall apart. This relationship wasn't just "some" boyfriend, he was someone I had grown up with and was literally my best guy friend throughout middle school, high school and even in college.  We were really close friends for so many years, and after college we ended up dating.   By the end of 2004 things had completely ended between the two of us, along with our decades worth of friendship.  The end of 2004 and the beginning of 2005 through May of that year was a VERY tough time for me.  But, God had a plan... I couldn't see it at the time, but looking back at the way things lined up it couldn't have been possible without him.

------------------------------------------

Kevin and I had our 1st date on June 4, 2005. After the 1st date, we were inseparable. Our relationship took off at the speed of lightening, which shocked us both.
 It's quite interesting how we actually got to this point, though.

March is the 1st time I can remember knowing "of" Kevin. We went to the same church and had mutual friends.  But, during this time we probably only said maybe 10 words to one another.  Our conversations would always be the same.
Kevin- "Hey hows it going"
Jayne- "it's good, how are you"
Nothing too crazy.

I ended up going to the Houston Rodeo with some of these mutual friends to see Pat Green.  There was a big group from our church who had all gotten their tickets in the same section as where we were sitting.  It just so happened that Kevin was with this group.  Don't know how he pulled it off, but he ended up sitting right next to me during the concert. At the time I thought that the seat just happened to be his seat number that was on his ticket.  But, obviously that wasn't the case.  We chatted very casually during the concert, he says I was totally oblivious to the fact that he was flirting with me.  Maybe I was in denial... not sure.  I just thought he was being nice and making conversation with me since he was being "forced" to sit next to me during the show.

I would see him from time to time, and we would make small talk. But, nothing out of the ordinary.   Well one day he says something to me that is something I still give him crap about--
He walks up to me and says "Oh, Look! It's Sweet Judy Blue Eyes"
And I said "WHAT????" totally confused
So, then he precedes to say "You know, the song Sweet Judy Blue Eyes...you remind me of that song"
so, of course I ask "WHY???"
"Well, your name is Judy & you have blue eyes"
UMMMMMMM....... (do I even need to tell you my response)
I cracked up, and told him that my name wasn't Judy.
Awkward much??
I think he thought his chances of us ever going out on a date after that were between slim and none

Our Love Story To Be Continued...

This song is ONE of many songs that Kevin & I claim as OUR song from back in the day when we had started dating.  I think the Rascal Flatts wrote this song with me in mind with all that I went through leading up to meeting Kevin...


No comments: