Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Already??

I don't remember my life going by this fast when I was younger.  Even in high school and college the days/weeks/years didn't seem to fly by at the speed of lightening like the last few years have.  The other day Kevin and I started talking about how fast life is going, and how it seems to be going quicker now that we are older.  It didn't really hit me until we started discussing how many years it has been since we did certain things. Have to say that our conversation made me sad and a tad depressed that life really does go by fast.  Like for instance it's been almost 5 years since we said our I do's. Feels like just last year we were moving all of Kevin's things into my tiny apartment when we first got married.   It's been 10 years since I lived in Bear Kat Country with all my Chi Omega Sisters  (Eat Em Up Kats & Hootie Hoo!!) aka Huntsvegas aka Huntsville where I went to Sam Houston State University. Seriously?? it doesn't feel like that long ago we were having dinners at Casa Tomas and going to the Jolly fox.   It's been 13 years since I graduated from high school and left my hometown, The Fruit aka Orange, and moved away to go to college and never looked back.  It's been 17 years since my freshman year in high school and my first year as a cheerleader.  I could go on and on.  

Needless to say I hate that life is just going by so fast.  I don't know how to make it slow down.  It makes me stop and think... what have I been doing all these years?? Like what did I do in the 10 year span from when I left Sam Houston???  Obviously, a lot has happened in the last several years.  This is when I wish I would have known about blogging back in the day.  I love that I can go back to any part of Dane's life and know what was going on in his life at that time.  I didn't blog before Dane, but with Kevin and my relationship I did make a couple scrap books that summed up our life up until I started blogging. They are something I treasure, and hope to never lose because it tells important dates and shows things that were important to Kevin and I while we were dating and newly married. But, unfortunately before my life with Kevin I just have boxes of pictures and photo albums galore that holds my memories, but with no journals or things to describe the memory itself.  My brain has thousands of memories in it, that I hope that I never lose. Maybe I should start adding some on here, when I think about them... that could be a great idea. :) My friend Tabitha and I used to always joke that we were going to write a book about all our memories from college, so we would never forget how much fun we had.  It would be on the Best seller list, no doubt.  Because let me tell you... we have some hysterical memories from the good ol college days.  

So, that's my little rant for the day.  I just want life to slow down a little.  I don't want to wake up and say I can't believe it's been 30 years since... what ever.  Anyway.  

Can't believe it's already March.  Today was wonderful... the temperature was in the low 70's.  I'm sure that will not be the case in a couple weeks. Am not looking forward to the high humidity and summer temperatures.   So, we got out to enjoy it today and went to the park.  By the time we left Dane was straight up filthy from head to toe, had blood on both knees, skinned up elbow, smelt like a puppy dog, his cheeks were bright red, and was begging for me to stop and get him a drink.  We even had a moment  where he was naked tee-teeing behind a tree.  Ladies and Gents... I have myself a BOY!!! Lord oh Lord be with me as I venture in this unknown territory!! :) (guess I should do a potty training update soon)




No comments: