Monday, February 6, 2012

A Moody Manic Meltdown-filled Monday

We had a rough day today.  I'm not sure what was going on, but it was filled with meltdown after meltdown.  We took a trip to Children's Place to get Dane some clothes, and we had to have a "coming to Jesus" meeting in a dressing room.  My child was out of control.  I got some looks from people, which I really hate by the way.  I can't stand when you feel judged for how your child is behaving.  Have a little compassion for people when their child is having a bad day.  I just wanted to shout "I'm doing the best I can at the moment".  I feel like you get looks if your child is acting crazy and you are ignoring them, and I feel like you get crazy looks when you are trying to discipline them. 
Dane actually took a really long nap today.  But, when he woke up it was like he had been taken over by the devil.  He wanted me to play with him in his playroom.  I was under the impression that we were going to play cars, so I grabbed a car and Dane freaked out.  I was suppose to grab a monster truck.  All Hell broke loose.  I'm talking a meltdown the size of Texas.  So, we re-grouped.  And tried to play again.  Once again, I didn't play the way he wanted me too.  The kid woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  So, while he was flipping out I grabbed my camera which just made him cry more and me laugh more.  

A couple of Dane's quotes while he was throwing a fit
"You can't play with me ever again, because you are being ugly to me"  um... I think he was confused who was actually being ugly
and then while he was in full on meltdown mode he told me
"I'm taking your cars away from you until you play right" 

Everyone is entitled to a bad day, I guess.  







------------------------------------------------


Feb 6th- tonight's dinner courtesy of Chick Fila.  It was swim night for Dane, which means we get home late, which also means everyone fends for themselves for dinner. And we need to go to the grocery store, so we had nothing easy to make for dinner.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

1 comment:

robin said...

Wow, I had that kind of day today also. I think it has something to do with the full moon being out for the past 2 nights. I'm sure it is more becoming looking for Dane instead of me.
Chris told Mom one day when he was about 3 that she wasn't his mother anymore so she returned the comment to him and he told her she couldn't tell him that because she was his mother. She said she could tell him that and he reclaimed her real quick. Weird to see pictures of Dane crying.