Sunday, February 12, 2012

This and That

We have been pretty lazy today. I've watched a couple movies while Dane has been napping in his new BIG bed. (more on that later).  Dane is a little under the weather with a nose that is just nasty and won't stop running, so we have been taking it easy today trying to get him healthy.   And he has actually been silent in his room for about 2 1/2 hrs now.  Put it in the record book.  

Another weekend has come and gone.  I'm trying to enjoy the last few hours of this Sunday without letting myself get into the weekday blues. 
Before I get into our weekend...
Just a Random comment
So this balloon that we got Dane for his birthday party is still standing strong! It's been in his bedroom since his party, and it's just as full of air as it was the day of his party.  Best $8 ever spent, I guess. 


oh, and if you are wondering... I've given up on the Feb. photo a day challenge. Yeah, I'm over it.  Just don't feel like taking pics of buttons, and strangers, and something the color blue etc.  Ha 

------------

So, Friday evening we did what we always do and ate Mexican food.  We always eat out on Friday nights, and 9 1/2 times out of 10 we eat Mexican.  Probably because I crave Mexican food every single day, so Kevin knows by Friday it's a must! Ha We have our 2 favorites in Cypress that get rotated, and then we have a couple favorites in the Houston area that gets in the rotation as well.
Of course, queso was involved. I tend to get the same 2 things every time I eat Mexican food.  I'm a little picky making sure I get exactly how I order something.  Like if you put refried beans on my plate I can guarantee that the plate will be sent back.  Makes me gag thinking about it.  Kevin loves to change it up and try new things on the menu.  I like to stick to what I know!  As long as the kids menu has grilled cheese, quesadillas, or chicken nuggets then we are good with the little man eating. 


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2



--------------------------

Saturday morning I got my craft on and did a little V-Day project for my man.  Yes, I'm that cheesy girl who makes stuff for her man and does sentimental stuff.  It's the only day this kind of stuff is acceptable. HaHa  So, I'm looking forward to Kevin getting into his truck Tuesday morning and seeing this box full of cheesy valentine's every hour. (I don't think he will get on here and read my blog the next few days, so no worries).  He teaches his College Night class on Tuesday nights,so I really won't even see him but for a few minutes this Valentine's Day. :(  I'll spending the evening with my little valentine, but at least Kev will feel loved throughout the day.  


--------------
Saturday afternoon we celebrated Sophia's bday.  Her party was suppose to be last weekend, but she came down with strep and her party had to be rescheduled.  She had a Minnie Mouse party.  Can't believe that our babies are 4.  Hard to believe.  


such a cute cake! And yummy too!



Dane is obsessed to put it lightly over Zach's DS game system.  He literally held onto it the entire time we were at the Gonzalez house. Zach is real sweet, and lets him play with it. 

Always a pinata at the Gonzalez parties... this year was the quickest pinata breaking of all times.  Zach was first up, and he broke it with the 1st swing. The kids ran over and got candy, and then Sophie got a swing and that was it.  The pinata was done.  lol It was freezing outside, so none of the kids seemed to be bothered by how quick it was broken. 


Sweet Sophia!
Dane singing Happy Birthday... with the DS glued to his hand

Christy set up the photo booth for some fun times with Minnie Ears.  Dane actually really liked doing this.  

------------------

We FINALLY ordered the bed rails that extends Dane's toddler bed into a full sized bed.  We have been meaning to do this for a while, and we kept forgetting.  But, we finally got it yesterday.  Dane still fits fine in the toddler bed, but he is getting pretty big for it.  So, it's def time.  I mean he is 4 now.  He was super pumped to get a BIG bed.  It wasn't as easy putting it together as we thought.  Making it into a toddler bed from the baby crib was a piece of cake, but the directions weren't great for the big bed and they didn't send the right size screws for part of it.  But, it's done and Dane was super pumped to have several pillows on his bed, saying that they were for all his friends. :) He looks so little in this giant bed. 
And, it definitely makes his room look smaller, so I may have to rearrange his dresser and book shelves to make more room.  He went looking for all his stuffed animals to fill up the bed.  He kept saying "Oh I love my new bed. And my new blanket and I love that I get to sleep on top of Spider Man".  Cracking up.  Thanks Mom for the new bedding, and Tabitha for the new Spider man sheets and pillow cases. 
And I guess he really does love the new BIG bed, because he took a 3 hour nap!!  WOOHOO!







Need to get a bed skirt ASAP.  Totally forgot until we were making the bed.  So, that's on the agenda this week! So excuse the mattress showing.

That's all folks

No comments: