Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mid-week morning date

Today is my off day from work.  A much needed day off from work.  2 more work days this week till the weekend.  I think I can I think I can.
This morning Dane woke up at the crack of dawn.  No surprise there. UGH.   Normally he starts requesting peanut butter toast and chocolate milk from the second you make eye contact with him. He shows no mercy in the mornings. Ha 
This morning when he woke me up he climbed into my bed and was real quiet and very so lightly patted my back.  I pretended to be asleep longer just to see what he was going to do.  He was being extra cuddly and sweet.  When I finally made eye contact with him he started giggling and told me that it was the sun's turn in the sky, and that means we don't sleep anymore.  I told him I was still tired, and surprisingly he was ok with that.  In the sweetest voice he said "well, ok how bout I come back tomorrow" 
I told him give me 15 minutes, and then I would get up.  He went and played in his play room and was super quiet.  Crazy morning, but I definitely appreciated that he didn't wake me up with early morning demands like usual.  We started trying to figure out what we were going to make for breakfast, when I decided we needed a little something different this morning.  Some days you just need a special treat, and something out of the ordinary.  I had a couple errands that needed to be run, and Dane had some Easter money I was going to take him to spend, so just decided to make it into a fun morning for the little man. A date if you will.  So, we headed to IHOP to get pancakes. Chocolate Chip Pancakes. Because how fun are those?? Well, he ate those, I opted not to because I'm still on a diet.  Dane was so excited to order a Happy Face Pancake.  This pancake made his day.  Seriously.  
Pictures courtesy of my cell phone today.



While we waited on the food we colored on the kid's paper and I asked Dane to write his name.  We have been working on letters with him. Normally in order for him to write his name we have to write it first, and then he copies each letter underneath it.  But, this morning before I could write it out he told me he wanted to do it by himself.  So, I said ok, expecting him to only write a D.  
But, he wrote this...
I was really impressed.  He got the E and N mixed up, but the fact he knew all the letters in his name I was really proud of him.  Once I told him those letters were in the wrong order he started writing his name correctly.  He knows Crawford starts with a C and can write that without help and also knows Wittschen starts with a W.  He's getting pretty good at writing letters especially if he can copy them, and has gotten pretty good at recognizing letters and telling us what they are.  It's amazing to see him learn all this new stuff.  It's like everyday he does something I didn't know he knew before. 


Then we headed to the Lego Store.  I knew this store would blow Dane's socks off.  It's fairly new in the galleria.  Dane was wanting some more lego men with his Easter money and the store has a station where you can create your own personal men.  All different types of lego heads, bodies, accessories etc. I think the lego sets are a little more expensive at the lego store verses like Target, but you can't get individual men at regular stores.  Since he was wanting lego men, I decided to take him to the lego store, because I knew it would be fun for him. 
 We got there a little too early, and they weren't opened yet.  It was pretty funny because the workers were walking around and kept laughing at how Dane's face was plastered to the glass door looking around, and of course talking nonstop about everything he saw. Dane kept making comments why the men wouldn't open the doors for him.  Thankfully, the galleria has an indoor playground that we went and wasted 30 minutes and let out some energy.

We came back, and Dane LOVED the lego men station.  He built 100 different men, and kept changing the men he was making.  He would have been fine with staying there for hours just creating men and then re-creating them.  It was 3 men for $9.99 which included the legs, body, head, hat or hair and an accessory to go with it like a sword or wrench. Dane made 3 ninja men with the help of one of the workers.  He was really excited to show Kevin his new men.  He kept asking me throughout the day "what time does Daddy get off work today".  Like he can tell time, and like Kevin's time he gets home varies from day to day.  hilarious.

We came home from our lil date, and Dane took a nap while I ran my tail off on our treadmill and then cleaned up the house a little bit while watching reality tv.  
All in all it was a great day off.  


1 comment:

Christy said...

FYI- they're opening a Lego store in The Woodlands soon!!!