Sunday, April 22, 2012

Abundance of Sunshine

Sunday evenings I find myself being extremely pouty and cranky.  Ugh. The weekend is nearly over, and another work week is around the corner.  But, Kevin and I will be kid- free this next coming weekend, so something to look forward to and get me through this next week.  

We had a good wknd.  We couldn't have had better weather Saturday and Sunday. Gorgeous weather with cooler temperatures! Friday evening wasn't much fun because Houston basically had a tsunami come through, and it took me almost 2 hours to get home from work.  Yes, 2 hours to go 22 miles.  You can imagine how much of a happy camper I was when I walked in the door.  Kevin rented some movies from the red box, so we just chilled once I got home.  

Saturday morning Kevin took Dane to watch his school's softball game.  He has to go to so many extra curricular activities during the school year, so he normally picks games that his personal students are participating in.  His students are constantly asking him to bring Dane to their games, so they can see him.  This game they were honoring the softball coach who has been a coach for the school for several decades.  She recently had to retire due to cancer, so it was a good game to attend.  Dane had a BLAST! I didn't even think to put sunscreen on him before they left...major momma fail.  He came back with pretty rosy cheeks.  I opted out of going, totally took advantage of having some alone time and went shopping instead.  I FINALLY found some wall art for our kitchen wall.  It's ONLY been 4 years of having a blank wall.  
Kevin sent me a couple pics from his phone while they were at the game.  There was a big hill that Dane had fun rolling down.



Saturday evening we had some fun with our class at Clay's Restaurant.  This is where we had Dane's 3rd birthday party, and hadn't been back since.  It's such a fun place for kids.  Huge area for the kids to run around and play with sand boxes, and animals to feed.  Dane had lots of friends to play with.  We had a hard time getting them to slow down long enough to eat.  They ran their hearts out, played football, tag, cops and robbers etc etc.  I forgot my camera so Kevin took a couple pics with his phone.  It was great to see everyone and hang out while our kids played.  

I'm not sure what Drew and Dane are doing in the picture below.  Crazy boys

Dane and Dean were put in "jail" by Drew, so they were just chatting away and giggling while waiting for someone to free them.  

Sunday we went to church, and then had an outside patio lunch at Gringos.  It was so nice outside, we definitely didn't want to be cooped indoors today.  After lunch we went home to change, ran by Target to get a kite and then headed to a park.  It was crazy windy until we got the kite and then the wind seemed to disappear. The only way we could keep the kite in the air was by Kevin running while holding it. We'll have to try it again another day. We let Dane play at the park for a while. It was just nice to be outside with my boys, and not die from a heat stroke.  We don't have too many of these kind of days left, I'm sure.  Not looking forward to the summer heat that will be here before we know it.  
Another good weekend for the books. 












No comments: