Sunday, May 6, 2012

Half of a weekend

I look forward to the weekends probably more than anyone I know.  Come Friday of each week I'm exhausted and completely worn out.  I feel like I say pretty much every single week that the past week was hard or super busy or whatever.  It's just the way it is.  Unfortunately, I don't have a job that I just love.  I don't have a job where there are "easy" days and "busy" days.  We are crazy busy every single day. It's exhausting.  It's definitely not a job I look forward to going to, and more days than not I dread it.  Good Times.  Brutal Honesty for ya.  But, this week took the cake.  Rough Rough Rough week that included very little sleep.  We had to do a 24 hour software upgrade which meant getting to work extremely early on one day and treating ALL of our patients before noon. We already get to work before the roosters get up on normal days, so getting there earlier than that was tough.  Not to mention I was terrified of over sleeping, so ended up staring at the clock the entire night.  Then the next day we couldn't start treating until noon, and things did not go well which ended with us having to come in at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning to work. My alarm was set for 3:45 AM Saturday morning, but once again I couldn't sleep and was up staring at the clock half the night. BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!  Needless to say I didn't get much sleep this past week, which made me a bit cranky.

Ok enough of the woe is me.  

So, I didn't get my full weekend.  I do feel a bit cheated, but I tried to make the best of it even though it was pretty short.  Saturday afternoon I got off from work I came home and took a power nap before taking Dane to his buddy, Dean's bday party that evening.  It was at a place called PlayNation here in Cypress.  The boys had so much fun!! I'm afraid to say that summer has arrived.  It was so hot and humid!!! Goodbye 70 degree weather... welcome 90 degrees! We had a good time at the party, and enjoyed the best chocolate cake I've ever eaten!! HAHa After the party we stopped for a snocone... the first of the summer before going home to crash.  Well, I crashed really soon after getting home and left the boys to fend for themselves. I was pretty tired and had no energy.  My bed was calling my name!












3 comments:

Lauren Borquez said...

Great pics! I'm a new follower from Kelly's corner. Feel free to follow me as well :)

campbellgrace said...

I found your blog from Kelly's Korner. And thank gosh I'm not the only one who feels this way about their job and weekends. I LIVE for my weekends. I wish I loved what I did, but I don't.

campbellgrace said...

I found your blog from Kelly's Korner. And thank gosh I'm not the only one who feels this way about their job and weekends. I LIVE for my weekends. I wish I loved what I did, but I don't.