Monday, June 25, 2012

weekends just aren't long enough

Is it Friday yet? 

Y'all I'm exhausted.  Mentally and physically exhausted.  I've had a couple of rough weeks lately at work.  No surprise there.  But, it has just been draining.  My entire body aches, and all I want to do when I get home from work is just crash.

Anyone ever feel like just getting in their car and driving, but not telling anyone where you are going??  That's how I've felt the last few weeks... that I could just pack up a bag and go hide out for a few days.  Thinking really hard about that... so if come up missing know it's temporary and I'll be back.
  
I'm in a funk, and just needing some cheering up.  Plain and Simple.

I do have some things to look forward to though happening the next few weeks... this weekend, a girls weekend, a short week bc of July 4th, a 7 day vacation from my job, a trip to New York to visit Kevin's parents, and a week away from this 100+ degree weather

Nothing much has been going on here.  That's why I haven't blogged much, and really haven't used my camera in a while. 
Dane is still learning sight words... He knows 14 I think.  I give all the credit to Kevin on this one.  He has been doing them with him, and Dane is doing really well with it. 


Since Dane has been out of school I don't think his hair has been fixed once. :)

Dane has a new obsession... Popeye
He keeps telling us he wants to eat spinach so he can get muscles like him. He saw a can of spinach with Popeye on it at Krogers the other day, and ever since then he claims he wants to eat some. 
He is pretty adament about eating spinach which totally makes me laugh because I know without a doubt that he will NEVER even try it.  But, Kevin said he was going to pick up a can the next time he is at the store.  Should be interesting.  




Might as well do a cell phone dump as well
Remember a few months ago when I wrote this post??
Well, the other night we were eating dinner when we heard a loud barking coming from our dining room window.  Oh, it was a lab in our backyard.  Our neighbors dog who had dug another hole and got out of his yard.  They weren't home so the dog had to play in our yard for about an hour.  Kevin played with it, and started acting like he was wishing it was his dog. Ha. But, once again the neighbor is responsible for fixing the fence and damage.  crazy.




Kevin has been doing a lot of cooking lately since he has a pretty open schedule.  And I'm very grateful. 

And since I've been a bit crazy and emotional lately Kevin has been really good at making sure I have chilled wine when I get off of work. 

We have been eating a lot of new recipes... like these spicy moraccan chicken skewers

And I made dirt cake.  Yummy

We have also done some shopping lately.  Dane seems to be to big for everything all of a sudden.  His shoes, t-shirts, swim shirts and even his underwear seem to be way too small.  

We have also played a lot of cards lately.  My favorite is speed.... and I tend to kick Kevin's butt pretty much every time.  :)

The game memory has been in full force as well.  Dane is surprisingly really good at this game.  

We get pretty competitive.  We played to 10 this time, and I forgot to take a pic of the final score.  Let's just say I got to 10, and he only had 4. womp womp womp

That's all I got.  Off to bed I go. 

No comments: