Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Gone, but never forgotten

Sept. 5th, 2011
I can not believe a full year has come and gone;
that it's been that long since I have seen and talked to my sweet grandmother. 
Feels like it was just a couple months ago that she left us. 
I can still hear her voice, her laugh, her favorite phrases clear as day.
There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her, 
and wish she was still with us. 
She is everywhere around me.
I see reminders of her all the time in the simplest of things.
I know she is watching over us, and singing at the top of her lungs.
Not sure our family will ever quite be the same. 
She was the rock of our family.
The one who kept us all together, 
the one we all turned to, the one that kept us grounded, 
and taught us so many things.
Her faith was unbelievable, and it poured out from her soul everyday.
No one can compare to how selfless and compassionate she was, 
how forgiving and inviting,
how loving and warm.
There is no one like her.
Words can't describe how bad I miss her, how I wish she was still here.
But, I know I will see her again.