Sunday, September 30, 2012

just another wknd

This weekend was spent indoors watching movies and doing house work.  The weather was yucky the entire wknd, so it gave us no excuse but to clean and do laundry and things around the house we have been putting off.  Friday night Kevin rented Shrek's Spooky Tales from the red box for Dane, and he has watched it about 17 times the last couple days.  Cute Halloween movie for those looking for a "spooky" movie for kids.



I just knew that our soccer game was going to be rained out since the forecast said rain all weekend.  But, Saturday morning I woke up to an email informing the parents that the games would continue on regardless if it was raining.  Only way they would be canceled was if it was lightening.  I have to admit that I was not excited about this.  I mean he is 4, and soccer games aren't important enough for him yet for us to have to sit out in the pouring rain.  Just saying.  It rained up in till about 45 minutes before game, stopped and didn't rain again til we got home. Huge sigh of relief.  We talked to some friends who has a son on another team with our league and their game was in the middle of a rain storm, they said it was miserable.  Thankful that was not us. Dane played a good 1st half of the game, got another goal and then decided he was done.  Guess he thought his mission was complete when scoring a goal.

Running to us to give us high fives after he scored his goal
He was a happy little guy.  So proud of himself.  I wish I got a picture of him scoring, and his reaction when he did.  He threw his hands in the air and screamed YES! very cute.  But, I didn't get it.
little pep talk from the coach.. trying to get him to stay focused.  Ha... good luck with that Coach!
I think the boys lining up to say good game is so cute. 
The part of the game that all the boys LOVE to do. 

This week was our turn to bring snacks for the team.  I was "that" mom who just couldn't throw capri suns into a cooler and call it a day.  I had to be "that" mom who searched and searched for cute soccer ball cups, just had to be different.  I found what I thought was soccer balls, and then was corrected that it was actually volleyballs.  So, I had to work my magic to make them into soccer balls. Several coats of a black sharpie, then a couple coats of clear nail polish on top to prevent smearing and they were complete. Have to say they turned out pretty cute.



Would you believe that I didn't get a single picture of the boys with their cute soccer ball cups.  So mad at myself.  I was so busy passing them out, then gathering up our stuff to leave that I forgot to get a picture of them.  They were a hit, though.  The boys loved them, which made me super happy.  I get pleasure out of doing cute things to get a smile.  Guess it's ok that I'm "that" mom.



We watched a lot of football this weekend! We watched the Aggies kill Arkansas.  Go AGGIES!! Hoping they continue to do ok this season.  We watched the Longhorn game, the Texans, and the Packers.  I think I hit my quota for the whole season.  Anyway, we hung out a lot this weekend.  Went to church this morning, and spent the rest of the day doing housework, listening to music and watching football and movies.  Low key wknd.  Hoping all this rain brings us some fall weather!! Ready to sport my new boots!






No comments: