Friday, September 21, 2012

play date

My weekend started around 2:30 yesterday, and I was BEYOND ready.  I got to leave work a couple hours early on Thursday which was super nice, and I'm off today so I get a long weekend.  The fact that it only took me 20 minutes to get home because there was no traffic was an added bonus.  
We have an EARLY soccer game tomorrow, already sleepy thinking about it.  We have to be at the field by 8, which means it will be an early start with breakfast and all that.  

Dane and I got to hang out with the Gonzalez chicks this afternoon.  It had been a long time that we have gotten to get together for a play date.  Dane missed his friend.  Sophie is no longer going to Dane's school :( so he doesn't get to see her there anymore.  So we took advantage of the fact that I was off, and Sophie doesn't go to her school on Fridays.  We started off at Chick fil-a (or chick away as Dane calls it) 
Dane and Sophie had a BLAST playing with the other kids in the playground.  Christy and I got to catch up while they played.  When it was time to leave neither kid was ready for the play date to end.  So, we headed back over to my house for some more fun.  Dane might have had a meltdown when it was time for Christy and Sophie to leave.  
All in all though, it was a great day hanging with our friends.  


we had a little photo shoot while waiting for the Gonzalez girls to arrive


The chick fil-a playground was a hit today.  They had so much fun

Sophie didn't want a picture, so she would not look at me!! HaHa 
Dane almost has her in a headlock.  The way to a girl's heart.


This is the one and only time Dane will ever be taller than Sophie.  I think he is kneeling on a chair, and she is sitting.  Sophie is almost 4 inches taller than Dane!!! Seriously.  And their birthdays are only 6 days apart.  Model in the making.

pillow fights... the kids thought that was the most hilarious thing ever


and the baby swing... I don't know what it is about it, they ALWAYS want to swing in it. Hilarious.  

pictures courtesy of my infamous cell phone

No comments: