Monday, September 17, 2012

Some instagram pics

Our weekend was pretty good.  We got to enjoy the company of my mom and niece again.  They came into town for Dane's soccer game Saturday and then spent the night with us.  After the game we had lunch at Gringo's... what can I say it's a favorite.  It's become our go to place.  We got to just chill for a while at our house and hang.  Of course, the Aggies were on the tv!
Us girls snuck off to go to my appointment and left the boys at home.  I had a MRI scan on Saturday of my head, so it was nice to have company to keep my mind off of it and the results.  Thankfully, I got the results back today, and it came back normal.  Long story short I've been having some major headaches, hand tremors, and eye twitching for several months and was getting scared it was something really serious. 
Anyway,  after my scan my mom encouraged Kevin and I to go get out of the house and have a date. So, we enjoyed a nice dinner at PF Changs, and then picked up a bottle of wine and a blanket and headed to the lake by our house.  We had intentions of just sitting on the blanket and having wine, but we only lasted for about 30 minutes because the mosquitoes were out in full force.  But, it was a nice evening, and we will def do something like that again.  It was very peaceful to be sitting under the stars, listening to the fountain and all that.  
Dane enjoyed his Granny and Lauren being here, and managed to talk his Granny into taking him with her back to Orange.  All he had to say was that he didn't want her to go, and the next thing we knew my mom had agreed to take him for a couple days. 
One minute Dane is eating breakfast, and the next we were in the driveway waving bye to Dane in my mom's car.  So, Sunday unexpectedly Kevin and I found ourselves kid free.  Sunday we enjoyed the quiet, hung out for a while before going to see a movie and then piddling around town. 
Our house is SO quiet when Dane isn't here.  
It was a nice surprise for the ending of the weekend. 






My mom sent me this pic today of the little man.  Watching cartoons and waiting on my mom to make him a grilled cheese sandwich.  He asked her if she would cover him up with Poppy's blanket.  Spoiled Rotten!  This picture makes me think of my Nannaw.  We used to do stuff like this at her house.  She would put on your favorite show, and have you all comfortable on her couch covered up in one of her throws while she was in the kitchen making you something to eat.  It's a warm cozy feeling seeing my little man doing something at his grandmothers that I used to do at mine. 

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

2 comments:

Curly Girl Confessions said...

Um, I am glad your MRI came back normal. You know what all the headaches, twitches are about right? STRESS. Find a new j-o-b, Missy! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam feedback? If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.