Saturday, October 6, 2012

what's been going on around here???

I don't have a lot of time, so I'm going to try and make this post a quickie.  
I'm about to head out to Orange to hear my aunt speak about her testimony at a women's conference and how God has gotten her through the death of her son, my cousin Dustin.  

We have been pretty busy lately.  So, here's a little re-cap.  

We took Dane to a pottery place last week to paint a plate for Jackie/Grandma's birthday.  It turned out super cute, and Dane enjoyed doing it.  


My friend Tabitha FINALLY had her sweet girl this week.  I'm so happy for her, and can't wait to get to Dallas to meet this pretty girl.
Lillian Reed Jarmon
Oct. 3, 2012 6:00ish am and 9.6 lbs!! Chunky monkey!

I had a spontaneous surprise lunch date this week with my girl Tamara.  She called me 30 minutes before I was going to be leaving for lunch and said she was in my work area.  Lunch wasn't long enough but it was so good to see her.

Jackie arrived in town Tuesday afternoon and spent the week with us.  Dane was very excited to have company and a playmate for the week!  Jackie got to see his swim lesson and soccer practice while she was here.  She got Dane this shirt he is wearing, so he basically wanted to wear it 3 days in a row.

Now that it is getting cooler the boys take daily bike rides around the neighborhood.  Dane still loves riding his 3 wheeler, but rumor has it Santa is bringing a big boy bike. 



Wednesday, Jackie left for a couple hours to go hit up all the stores that she is missing in New York. Dane and I hurried up and baked her a cake for her birthday. 

Red velvet... hmmm.
Of course, Dane had to make sure it tasted good by eating the mix from the whisks. 

As you can see he didn't like it one bit. 

I made my little man very bitter when I called his hat a pilgrim hat.  I'm not sure what I was thinking because "clearly" it's a cowboy hat. DUH! 

We celebrated Jackie's birthday Wednesday evening with some mexican food and cake.  The cake turned out really tasty.  Little messy, since I had some 4 year old help, but still very yummy. 



Dane was very happy to give her the plate he made.  I think she loved it, and Dane was very proud of himself.

Friday at work.. this was our view.  A broken machine. 
Which meant no patients were treated, which means I get to work next Saturday. Joy Joy.

Friday night ended with us having to make a quick trip to the after hours clinic.  I have a sick little man at my house.  No bueno. Which means he had to miss his soccer game this morning. 
 $80 for pink eye medicine.  Yes, $80 with insurance for a tiny tiny tiny little bottle of eye solution. I wanted to croak. 
Dane was excited to also get the "bubble gum" medicine.  He loves amoxicillin.  

So, we have been taking it easy this morning.  He is already feeling better with just the 2 doses so far of meds. All his lego men are out to support him.

Have a good rest of the weekend! 

No comments: