Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Monster Jam and other stuff

I've been neglecting this ol blog lately, and I'm not really sure why.  Not only has this blog not gotten much attention, but neither has my camera.  I don't know what's going on.  I've been feeling in a rut, I guess.  

So... what's been going on? Well, just normal day to day stuff for the most part.  Work has been loads of fun.  Blah.  Dane is a week away from turning the big 5.  We are looking forward to going to Lego Land this weekend, and celebrating his big day next week.  


Dane is enjoying school, but hasn't been enjoying his lunches at school.  Little dude was coming home starving everyday because he was refusing to eat the provided lunch at his school.  Sigh.  So, basically we were told that we needed to start packing him a lunch, since he wouldn't eat the school lunch.  I love when people tell me that he will eat when he is hungry enough, or he will eat what is provided when he sees other kids eating it.  I just have to laugh, because it's clear they don't know Dane.  He is definitely not a follower when it comes to eating.  Talk about being stubborn.  If he thinks it looks gross, or weird it doesn't matter how hungry he is he won't eat it.  Period.  So, we had to make a trip to the store and find a cool lunch kit and start packing lunches for him each day. We found a Spiderman lunch kit which was a huge hit. He has brought his lunch 4 days now, and has eaten the entire lunch all 4 days.  So, this whole packing a lunch has been a success.  




Dane has been having fun practicing tee ball in our back yard.  He seems to really like hitting the ball off the tee, and is getting better and better at it.  Kevin has been working with him on technique and how to swing properly.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the season plays out.





Saturday we went to Monster Truck Jam at Reliant Stadium.  It was quiet the experience.  We watched monster trucks race, and crash and climb cars and jump over hills and rev their crazy loud engines. A total Boy night, for sure.  We had a good time and enjoyed watching the show.   I did feel like I needed a total girl day afterwards that should include shopping, massages and anything pink and prissy.  Ha  It was fun.  I can check this off my list of fun things to take Dane to.














And Dane has been riding his bike every afternoon as well. The weather has been really nice the last few days in the afternoons.  I really wish it would stay like this for a while.  I believe today only got up to about 74 degrees.




I'm ready for the weekend!!

No comments: