Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Misc...

The weather has been great here, and we have taken full advantage of it lately.  It's been chilly, but gorgeous outside.  Lots of time has been spent outside.  I know that in a few short months we will be smack dab in the middle of the inferno.  Dane is already asking about going to the neighborhood pool.  Still a bit too chilly for that, but very soon we will be hanging out there.  

After we were done with all of Dane's tee- ball practices and meetings Saturday Kevin got the great idea for us to go play Frisbee golf.  I had never heard of it, but was willing to go just to get us out of the house and enjoy being outside.  The boys had fun, I'm not sure it could be considered one of my things or something I would want to do often. :) But, it was good to do something active outside.  Dane was able to run around and get out some hyper energy that he had from being inside.  















The parks in our area have gotten lots of play as well.  There are several near us, so depending on the mood or which direction we are we change it up quite a bit with what parks we go to.  I'm trying to take advantage of the nice weather, because I know that I won't want to be sitting in the heat once it's in the 80's +.  


Everyone needs to have a lunch date that includes girlfriends from time to time.  I was definitely needing some girl time, so I was really happy that Christy and I were able to make it over to College Station to see our girl Becca.  We started off with some lunch at Cheddars, and then went to Messina Hoff to do a wine tasting.  We got to meet Becca's new boyfriend, and enjoy some belly laughs which is always great! We had such a great time, and I was sad to see it end! 


Today my mom came into town to hang out for the day.  Dane and I were both excited to see her.  We enjoyed some yummy lunch at ?? Yep, Gringos, hit up Sonic for a happy hour drink and visited Home Goods.  But, most of our time was spent just hanging out at the house.  Even though they are short visits, I love when my mom can come into town.   She always stops in Baytown at Cracker Barrel, she claims for a bathroom break.  But, really I think it gives her an excuse to do some shopping before arriving at my house.  Today she showed up with a cute duck hunt toy.  It's all fine and dandy until you turn the thing on, and it's like you are stuck inside a huge carnival. Crazy loud arcade music, and loud duck quacks.  She likes to torment me with loud and obnoxious toys for Dane.  I think she does it on purpose.  Ha  
But, Dane loved it and was really happy she was in town. 
Is it Friday yet?? 

No comments: