Friday, March 22, 2013

Picnics are the best lunches

T.G.I.F!!!
Can I get an amen?!?!?!
It's been a really long week.  To say that I'm exhausted and completely worn out would be an understatement.  Mama is tired.  I feel like I've been run over by a mac truck kind of tired.  Dramatic? Yes. 
We have a BIG day tomorrow.  It's Opening Day for our baseball league which will include a parade first thing in the morning, opening ceremonies, his first game and an auction.  It's going to be a busy Saturday, but we are excited to get started with the season. 

Yesterday, Dane and I had to run several errands to get ready for Saturday.  We were also on the lookout for some springy shoes for Dane, which was not a success by the way. As much as I love shoe shopping, and my little man the two do not go well together.  Dane isn't a fan, and doesn't make it a fun experience.  
When we got home we realized it was after 1:00, and had had no lunch.  Dane was begging to go to the park, and I was just dying to relax a little.  But, I gave in and packed up some sandwiches, yogurt and cheese nips and off we went.  It was actually pretty relaxing once we got there because it felt great outside.  I chilled in the shade on the blanket while he played on the playground after we ate our lunch.  It was a nice afternoon, and made me slow down a little from the hustle and bustle of my crazy week. 
Bring on the weekend! 






















No comments: