Saturday, April 27, 2013

Better Late than Never...

We have had a great day today.  Dane had an early game this morning, which he played great in and then we went to a festival here in Cypress for a few hours. Pictures coming soon.  We had a great time there, and ended up leaving in perfect time.  We were in our truck just a couple minutes before the skies opened up and it began pouring outside.  We had ribs cooking in the crock pot which were delicious and have spent the rest of the day watching movies together while listening to the thunder and lightening.  It's raining so hard right now, but it's so relaxing hanging with my boys while watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  Dane LOVES that movie.  He watches it all the time. 

While I was uploading pictures from the day I noticed I forgot to put a couple on here from when my mom and niece were in town last weekend.  My mom's birthday was on the 12th of this month.  We had plans to take her to the Cy-Fair wine festival that we went to to celebrate her birthday.  But, my step dad ended up going in for a minor procedure on his heart the day before, and came out having huge amount of blockage on both sides of his heart and requiring a stent.  Very scary.  So, my mom had to cancel obviously.  He is doing fine now by the way.  But, I felt bad we didn't get to celebrate her birthday a few weeks before, so Dane and I made her a birthday cake last weekend to eat after his game.  

I didn't want to burn the house down (just kidding Mom) with how many candles she was suppose to have.  Don't worry Mom my lips are sealed on how many candles you should have had this year. :) HEHE  So, we just did 3.  One for every person in the Wittschen house who loves her.  
I snuck some trick candles on there, and as my mom (and Dane) are about to blow out the candles Kevin loudly exclaims "Are those trick candles???" And I nicely told him to SHUT UP! haha 
But, they quickly figured it out after blowing them out and seeing that they magically re-appeared.  And then we all enjoyed some chocolate marble cake.  
So, Happy Late Birthday Mom! 






No comments: