Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Family Fun

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever.  Life is busy, I guess.  
It's time to catch up on here!! Lots of pictures are coming your way. 
 I would have blogged yesterday, but I was too busy laying on our bathroom floor begging God to take me out of my misery.  I had the worst stomach bug I have ever had in my entire life.  No exaggerating there.  Dane got sick on Easter day... more on that later.  Then Monday morning I woke up sicker than a dog.  It was bad.  Seriously bad. Talk about being completely worthless for an entire day. I have to give major props to my little man.  He was home with me, and got no attention the entire day. He basically watched tv the entire day (don't judge...I was in bad shape) while I moaned and groaned on our bathroom floor. But, he was perfect.  I couldn't have asked for a better kid that day. It's like he just knew that it was not the day to ask for anything or whine at all. He even came in and brought me a teddy bear to lay with me in the bathroom.  Melt my heart.  And, then Kevin came home from work feeling fine and then later that evening turned just as green as I was. Then it was his turn.  His sickness hasn't seemed to be as bad as mine, it was short lived. It has not been pleasant here the last 2 days.  But, thankfully I feel much better today.  I may just make it.  

So, last week I had a short week at work.  I was already scheduled off for Thursday and yesterday, and then with Good Friday in there it made for a long weekend.  I can't even begin to tell you how much I needed this long weekend.  I was looking forward to it for a while.  Thursday Dane and I got up early to take Kevin to work.  We were planning on leaving as soon as Kevin got off to head to Orange for a couple days.  Dane and I went to Chick Fil-a for a breakfast date before I took him to his school for a few hours.  I had a hair appointment, and boy did do something to my hair!! 
I've been wanting to do this for a while, but always chicken out.  I can always go back if I decide to... and it's just hair!
So...
I'm brunette y'all!
So far, I think I like it.  I think it's nice to change it up for a while.  1st time in my life to not be blonde!
This picture isn't great, but you can get the idea.

After getting my do drastically altered I picked up Dane and we headed to the mall to look for him some shoes.  I bribed him with a cookie from Cookie Company if he behaved while trying on shoes.  Shoe shopping with him can put you on the brink of insanity.  We found some shoes pretty early on, and ended up seeing the Easter Bunny.  I had completely forgotten that the Easter Bunny was going to be at the mall.  We were not prepared with a cute outfit or my camera, but Dane wanted to say hello.
We got in line and then Dane loudly exclaimed "Hey that's not the Easter Bunny.  That's a girl bunny". I'm pretty sure I told him that was the Easter Bunny's wife.  Ha Whatever works.  So, it's our turn and I pull out my cell phone to snap a couple pictures.  Meanwhile the photographer hands me a paper with the picture prices, and I about choke.  The smallest package was close to $40.  Um...no. I wasn't planning on buying pictures anyway, but those prices were ridiculous. So, I don't say anything but snap a few pics with my cell.  Then... the lady asks me which package I want and when I say that I don't think I will be getting any pictures today, but thank you she gets all huffy and puffy and says that I have to delete my cell pics.  That pictures aren't allowed unless a package is purchased.  Look, I'm the girl who hates to have attention on me, and does not want to cause a scene.  But, I'm not going to be bullied into buying a package of pictures that I don't even want.  So, I tell her I'm sorry that I didn't know pictures weren't allowed, and as she is sternly telling me that I need to delete those pictures ASAP I just simply put my phone deep in my purse motion for Dane to walk away from the bunny and we walk quickly away. Maybe it was my brunette hair that gave me that extra bit of confidence. :) As we were walking away I kept envisioning being tackled by security and having my phone confiscated. All for some grainy pictures of the little dude with the Easter Bunny's wife.





 My little Easter Bunny had no idea what was going on.  He was just happy that he was given this bunny mask, and got to wear it around the mall.  He actually told me he hoped that kids didn't think he was the real Easter Bunny.  Hmm... don't think we will have that problem

Once Kevin got off work we headed to Orange.  It had been forever it felt like since I was able to go to Orange, so I was really missing my family and looking forward to getting to hang out with everyone for  couple days.  We had a great time, it was so good to see everyone.  Friday we all got together to hang out.  We had an Easter Egg hunt for Dane and Hadley, and it was so much fun.  I have so many memories growing up doing Easter egg hunts with my Nannaw, and I really want Dane to have memories like I have.  Dane was really excited that he was going to hunt eggs with Hadley.  He was concerned though that Baylor wasn't going to be able to hunt eggs.  He didn't want her to be left out.  He is so cute with the girls, and just loves the idea that he is their big cousin.  I took a crazy amount of pictures, but they are all so cute so I had to put lots on here.

Kevin and Patrick strategically placed all the eggs before the hunt.  
Hadley was precious.  She loved just being able to hold the eggs.
On a mission...


how cute is that??


once she saw there were treats in the eggs... game over
taking a break to eat some goldfish


Racking up!
figuring out what was in another egg

laughing at his baby cousin










mickey stickers!

how cute is those dog ears?
Hadley is hilarious.  She is such a mess.  We caught her trying to give Baylor a gummy worm! 


Sweet Baylor... such a cutie




There were bubbles in some of the eggs... and they were a hit


Later on we went over to my grandpa's house to hang out some more.  Then we walked over to the cemetery to put some Easter flowers on Nannaw's grave.  I really miss her, wish she was still here everyday.  
how cute is this??

Dane was being a toot and didn't want to take a picture at first
There's my happy boy

So, there's been this running joke I guess you could call it between Kevin and my cousin Haley.  A long time ago Kevin smash ice cream in Haley's face.  And she has been talking about getting him back for forever!!! Kevin has even given her opportunities to get him back.   And it's just never happened.  So, while we were at the Easter Egg hunt Haley hinted that she was going to stop by and get ice cream on the way to Pappy's. I was like YES!!! DO IT!! I knew that Kevin would not be expecting it at all... especially when we are in the graveyard! Ha  Hey, you can have fun in graveyards! My grandmother would have laughed and laughed, but then she would have felt bad for Kevin and I guarantee you she would have said "Bless his Heart".
It was so classic! As we were all walking to the graveyard Kevin was carrying the flowers, and he never once saw Haley hiding behind Lindsay with the bowl of ice cream.  I thought for sure he would have seen me getting my camera ready, but he's probably so immune to my camera that me having a camera in the graveyard wasn't odd to him.  Ha
Kevin was leaning down trying to help Hadley out of the wagon when Haley smashed the ice cream right in his face.  It was hilarious.  The best part of it was that he did not see it coming at all.  He was so shocked.  Kevin was a good sport, and everyone got a great laugh out of it!







Sorry this post is so long! More cute pictures coming soon!

No comments: