Sunday, April 14, 2013

More baseball, swimming and beach babes

Weekend recap:
That's all I ever have time to talk about these days.  The weeks just seem to be busy, work is always crazy, so our days during the week is just filled with the daily grind.  
And since we are in baseball season, that's probably what most of my posts will be about.  An overload of pictures of the little man in his baseball uniform.  

Traffic has been horrendous lately.  It's amazing I haven't just ran my car off the road out of rage.  Wednesday I had a DR Appointment down in the medical center, and I left my house at 6:45 for my 9:00 appointment, and it took almost 2 hours to get there.  BIG SIGH.  Thursday it took me an hour and 40 minutes to get home from work.  RIDICULOUS!!!! Needless to say I've been a happy camper out there on the roads.  Friday I let Kevin know that I would not be sitting in traffic that evening, that he would have to meet me somewhere near my job for dinner.  And because he is great he agreed.  Maybe  he was scared that his wife would go postal. Nah. That isn't it.  
So, my boys met me at Escalantes.  It had been a long minute since we had eaten there.  The weather was so nice so we sat out on the patio.  Great dinner with my boys, and it seemed to wash away my bad feelings from the week.

I did a panoramic picture on my cell... and for some reason Kevin's arm looks like it is on steroids.  

We had a baseball game Saturday morning bright and early.  We had to be at the field at 7:30, which was a little rough.  My alarm went off at 6:15 so we could all have time to get dressed and Dane would have time to eat breakfast.  Even though I get up waaaayyy earlier than that for work it's still rough on a Saturday.  Of course, the days that we don't have somewhere to be Dane wakes up early, but since we had a set time to be out of the house Dane was sleeping hard and we had to actually wake him.  So, we were slow moving.
Brief summary of the game... 
Dane scored a run!!! Got out at first base :(  and got to 3rd base!
He played 2nd and left field.  His silliness was in full force when he was in the outfield.
We played a team that had nothing but giants on their team.  Seriously, these kids looked like they were in 5th grade.  We were like did we get mixed up, and are on the wrong field??? I'm going need to see some birth certificates.  Ha   
We also had picture day, which was right after our game! I mean who was the genius to plan that??? All the boys were filthy, rosy cheeks, dirt all over their pants.  I guess it will make them look like real baseball players! Ha
I feel like I need to say I'm sorry for adding more baseball pictures that are similar to all the rest... but this is where I store our memories.  So, I'm sorry I'm not sorry.  :)














Here is a modge podge video from all 3 games.  It takes forever to take all the videos and combine to make a movie, so this is just a little bit of the footage we have.  


Saturday afternoon the swim club where Dane takes lessons was having a splash day to raise money for Autistic swimmers and to send them to a swim camp.  The pool was open swim, and they had some fun things like a bouncy house and games.  We went and Dane had a blast!!! He swam all over the huge pool.  The kids were all so excited to be able to do whatever they wanted in the pool without their teachers making them do correct techniques.  There were life guards and pool noodles everywhere but the kids had no limitations.  And Dane took total advantage and swam everywhere.  The parents were allowed in the pool room unlike when lessons are going on.  He had such a blast.   
Swimming for a good cause... can't beat that!
all smiles the entire time he is in the water.  Loves loves loves to swim
Dane asked her to hold that noodle like that 100 times so he could slide and catch it)


Hilarious. All pinked out! I couldn't stop laughing when he asked for goggles, and he was given pink ones and then he was floating on a pink noodle.  
Saturday evening I got a text from my mom telling me she was at her friend's beach cabin in Crystal Beach and that I should come hang out with her Sunday for the day.  You don't have to twist my arm or anything.  So, I got up early this morning and headed to the beach.  We had a great relaxing day hanging out on the deck.  The cabin is right by the water, so it's just so peaceful to listen to the ocean and get some sun.  We drove up and down the beach via a golf cart, enjoyed an easy lunch and lots of conversation.  Perfect way to end my weekend, and bring me to a new week! 

No comments: