Thursday, July 11, 2013

Just some funnies...

Well, this week has been a doozie.  I feel like I have been run over by a mac truck.  It's been an exhausting week, and I've never been more ready for a week to be over than I have this week.  
You know it's going be a really long week when Tuesday rolls around, and it feels like you have already been at work 5 days.  

Today I got home from work and I could barely move.  My whole body is aching and hurting, and all I wanted to do after dinner was just lay there.  I had no energy to talk or to smile or anything.  I just wanted to do nothing while sipping on a glass of wine.  But, not everyone in my house got the vibe that today was just not the day.  
Im laying on the couch with my feet up, my head back, just trying to "make it".  Kevin is laying on the other side of the couch doing the exact same thing when Dane comes into the room and says

"I thought it would be a good idea if we had family game night tonight"

It was hilarious.  Well... how he said it was hilarious.  Not the actual idea of us playing a game.  If I'm being honest I wanted to slam my head through a wall when he said that.  Are you kidding me????? I looked at Kevin and all I could do was roll my eyes.  Like please, someone take me out of my misery.  But, then Dane started saying "PLEASE MOMMY, PLEASE".  How can you say no to that when all he is wanting to do is spend time with you.  So, we agree to play 1 game, but it had to be something I could do without moving off the couch.  We played 1 game of Monopoly Jr, and all was good.  

Later on I asked Dane to take a dish into the kitchen for me.  He got up, grabbed the bowl and started walking to the kitchen.  He got out of eyesight and then sighs real loud, and says

"WHHHHY MEEE??"

I didn't realize I already had a teenager living here.  It's a tough life, I tell ya.  

----------------------------------------------

The other day when we were traveling to Dallas I pull out my GPS and Dane says

"Are you going to use your calculator?"
I tell him it's not a calculator it's a GPS.  
He then says
"Oh, well it always says recalculating recalculating"
Hilarious.  Seriously hilarious.  And smart.  
Little scared to admit how often that kid has heard my GPS say recalculating.  HAHAHAHA

--------------------------------------------------------

The other night Dane overheard me telling Kevin that I wanted to switch his bedroom with the guest room along with other rearrangements.  Before I knew it I walked into the guest room to see that Dane had already started moving out of his room.  He was crazy excited.  Telling me everything that was going to go in his new room, and everything that was in the guest room that needed to be moved out.  And since then he has woken up everyday and told Kevin how many days he has left in his bedroom, since I had told him nothing was happening till Saturday.  I guess this is really happening.  I'm sure Kevin is cringing.  

Then the next day Dane told Kevin that he wanted to go take a nap in his new room.  Kevin was like alright, thinking he wouldn't stay in there long... the kid fell asleep for about an hour and a half!!! The kid who doesn't take naps! But he was so excited about the idea of getting a new room! Kevin texted me this picture. He's so funny.  


-------------------------------------------

And a video of him being his silly self.  


One more day.  I think I can I think I can.  

No comments: