Monday, August 26, 2013

Kindergarten!!!!!!

Well, it's official!!! Dane is in kindergarten!!! 

Yesterday I was telling Dane that I couldn't believe he was old enough to go to kindergarten, and that he has just grown up.  In the sweetest voice he said 
"Don't worry Mommy, I won't forget you while I'm there".  
MELT MY HEART!

The day couldn't have gone more perfect for the little dude.  He woke up in a great mood, and was so excited to get to his school.  The fact that he was so happy and excited made it hard to feel any kind of sadness about my baby growing up.  Granny came into town last night to go with me to drop him off since Kevin couldn't be there.  We ate breakfast, and then took lots of pictures before heading to the school, then took more.  I woke up feeling extremely nervous, but by the time we got to his school I felt fine.  Dane just made himself right at home in his classroom.  He was not shy to ask the teacher several questions right off the bat.  The best one was after being there for maybe 2 minutes he asked his teacher when snack time was.  Hilarious.  He was so excited that he didn't eat much of his breakfast, so I'm sure he was starving by the time lunchtime rolled around.  

I was excited to get Dane off the bus to hear all about his day.  I bought some special cookies from the cookie company.  Dane got off the bus and had the BIGGEST smile on his face.  He was so happy and that just made my day! He had a great day, loved everything about it.  PE was his favorite part of the day, and getting to use his paint set.  No recess today because it rained for hours, thought I was going to be standing at the bus stop in the rain but it stopped a few minutes before I went outside.  He told me he forgot to ask the kids if they would be his friends.  Thought that was real cute.  But, everything he had to say was positive, and he is excited to be going back tomorrow.  
Makes this momma heart happy!


 Such a cutie!!



 His backpack is as big as he is!





 Silly goose.  

 That green sticker is an important sticker for the week.. tells the teachers how he is getting home rather be car pool or bus.  I was a little nervous I would get to the bus stop and Dane wouldn't be on the bus! HA 


 The playdo kept the kids busy while waiting for class to start. 
 Once he started playing with the playdo, and talking to the other kids at his table he didn't even notice that we were there. Having the time of his life!
 YUM! Cookies!
 Waiting for the bus felt like watching paint dry.  The anticipation was killing me!!



 He loved Kindergarten!!!


 We ate some cookies while we talked about our day.  

Here's to a great year in Kindergarten!!

No comments: