Monday, February 17, 2014

Hey Batter Batter...

Saturday was gorgeous with perfect weather.  One of those days that you just have to be outside to enjoy the day.  I had gone that morning to get my hair cut, and came home to Dane playing with his DS and Kevin doing school work.  Our house seemed gloomy, and I just wasn't having it.  I needed us to get out of the house and enjoy the sunny weather.  Kevin agreed so we packed up and left and had no idea where we were going.  We started driving, and decided we were going to find a place we could eat lunch outside on a patio.  But, nothing was really jumping out at us.  We were halfway down 1960 when one of us (I can't remember who) mentioned the Aggies and wondered if they had a baseball game that weekend.  I looked it up on my phone and saw that they played at 2:05, it was 12:35.  We gave it a quick thought and next thing we knew the car was turned around and we were headed to the house to grab a couple things like a blanket and then on the road to College Station.  Very spontaneous trip!! We got there in plenty of time to get tickets and a place on the lawn before the first pitch. One of the perks of living in Cypress.  I love that we are only about 45 minutes from Aggieland.   It was a great day for a baseball game!! Perfect weather!! Dane had a blast playing with some boys at the playground that's right next to the field, rolling down the big hill, eating popcorn and we had fun watching the Aggies kick some bootay.  










No comments: