Sunday, February 2, 2014

The BIG 6!!!!!!!!!

Who all is shocked that Dane turned 6?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just can't believe that he is already 6.  It blows my mind honestly.  Life has gone by so fast.  So so so fast.  
Where did this little guy go? I went to sleep one night and woke up to a 6 year old.  

Dane has been counting down to his birthday since Christmas ended.  He was beyond excited to turn 6.  

So, we have had a great weekend celebrating his birthday.  Friday was his actual big day.  
He got to do part of his school announcements, which he thought was the coolest.  He along with the other kids having birthdays that day got to say their name on the microphone and who their teacher is.  Then they all got to say the pledge of allegiance together over the speaker.  Dane was only the kindergartner with a January 31st birthday.  I had no idea he knew the pledge, because he's never mentioned it to me.  But, we had him say it to us, and I got it on video which I will put on here later. 
Friday was also class picture day, so Dane got to smile pretty on his birthday.   

Kevin and I both came to his school and had lunch with him.  His school doesn't let you bring any kind of birthday treats for the class, which is kind of lame but saved us some money. Ha 
So, we brought him a happy meal from McDonald's instead.  Having your parents come to your school and eat lunch with you is super cool in kindergarten.  I'm sure there will be a time that he will tell us we aren't allowed to do that because it would embarrass him.  


I had to go back to work for a couple more hours, but Kevin checked Dane out a little early from school and took him for a fun outing at the go cart place.  They rode go carts and played video games until it was time for me to get home.  Dane had a blast, and declared it the best day ever.  




Granny came into town that afternoon to hang out with us and go to his party.  We ended up at Chiles for Dane's birthday dinner.  Nothing too crazy, but I knew he would like the Molten Cake for his birthday treat.  I told the waitress it was his birthday, so the staff came out and sang to him.  Dane had the biggest smile on his face the entire time they were singing Happy Birthday.  He was so giddy.  He told us that cake was the best dessert he has ever had.  lol

Granny forgot to give him this watch that was suppose to be in his stocking, so she brought it.  He literally told us every minute that passed.  It's 5:31. It's 5:32. It's 5:33 etc.  :) 
 Here comes the singing and dessert!








We came home and skyped with Grandma and Grandpa and Dane opened up their presents.  Of course Dane was excited!!






Then my mom and I baked and baked and got everything ready for the big party that was happening Saturday.  Dane had a great birthday! But the fun did not end there.  His party was a lot of fun and he had a blast!
Get ready to enter the dark side!!! 

No comments: