Sunday, March 16, 2014

Miscellaneous

Here we are at another Sunday afternoon.  I'm trying to soak up the last few hours of my weekend.  We are currently being lazy watching a movie while dinner cooks in the oven.  Taking it easy is the theme for this year.  

------------------------------
I forgot to post about Dane's 6 year well check up that he had back in February.  This is really just for me because I like to be able to go back and see how much he has grown in a year.  It was an easy check up.  He had to do an eye and ear test which he did well at this year.  His hearing test was perfect.  His vision in the right eye was 20/30 and left eye was 20/25.  Everything looked good, and he is growing like he is suppose to.  He still continues to be in the 25% for weight, and dropped to the 15% for height.  The doctor wasn't concerned even though I was surprised with how low his height percentage was.  He estimates that he will be about 5'10 when he is fully grown.  He's grown a full 2 inches since his 5 year well check, and a whole inch since we went to Disney World.  Only reason I know that is because he got measured while we were there for every "bigger" ride we rode.  The cut off was 42 inches and we were so excited that he was 42 1/2 inches.  He's grown a whole inch since August.  I find that crazy! But, I shouldn't be surprised, all of his pants that I bought at the beginning of the school year are now high waters, and even his shorts are getting a bit short for my liking.  Sigh.  Getting so big, so fast.  

At birth
7 lbs 5 oz 20 inches long
1 year
22 lbs 9 oz 29 inches long
18 months
25 lbs 1.2 oz 32 inches long
2 years
27 lbs 8.6 oz 34 inches long
3 years
30 lbs 8 oz 36 inches long
4 years
36 lbs 39 inches long
5 years old
38lbs. 41 1/2 inches tall. 

6 years old
42 lbs 43 1/2 inches tall.  

-----------------------------

Everyone in Houston celebrates Go Texan day when the rodeo starts up.  Dane's school encouraged western wear, so Dane was excited to wear his cowboy boots to school.  They are pretty scuffed up from him playing in them, but he doesn't care.  We opted out of him wearing his cowboy hat because we knew that it would get him in trouble.  Every hat day his school has had has ended with his hat being taken away and with him in trouble.  So, we just didn't want him to be set up for a bad day.  He didn't know that cowboy hats were allowed so he wasn't bothered at all.  Win win.  

His school also had crazy sock day.  He doesn't have any "crazy" socks, so he wore some of my dress socks.  HAHAHA They went up to his knees, but he thought they were hilarious and he was excited to participate in the sock day.  I know there will come a time that he will be too cool to do any of these silly things at school!

-------------------------------

We had fun at Gage's birthday party last weekend.  Dane and Gage were attached at the hip, and never left one another's side.  They played so hard, ran their hearts off, and had so much fun together.  After the party we went back to Tabitha's house and the boys played some more.  We spent the night and left Dallas the next day.  I had fun getting to hang out with my girls Tabitha and Ashley, we got to catch up and talk while our kids ran like crazy.










---------------------------------

We have exciting news!! Someone has their very first loose tooth!!! He is very excited, and is constantly messing with it and wiggling it.  The tooth fairy is standing by on call waiting for the big day where she can deliver the funds for exchange of his shiny tooth.  I went back and looked, and his loose tooth is the first tooth he got.  


----------------------------------

Kevin and I celebrated our 8th anniversary on the 12th.  8 years!! I can not believe that it's been that long.  Life has flown by, I know that there is no one else I would want to spend my life with besides Kevin.  We didn't have a babysitter so this year was more low key than past years, and the day fell in the middle of the week on my late shift week. Not to mention I'm pregnant. Ha So, Kevin and Dane met me in Houston after work and we had mexican food at our favorite Escalantes.  We don't get to eat there very often because it's in Houston.  Kevin sent me pretty roses to my job, and got me a pretty necklace from James Avery.  
I didn't get a pic of us that day.  :( 


-----------------------

And just some random pics of Dane riding his bike...



No comments: