Sunday, May 4, 2014

Field Day!

Dane's first field day was Friday.  He had a blast along with his classmates.  It was actually a little chilly, which was surprising, but I was happy that I didn't have to stand in the heat for 2 hours.  Field day is nothing like it used to be when we were kids.  I remember it being a day of full on competition between classes filled with competitive relays and hard core events.  Times have changed.  Back in my day when I had to walk uphill both ways to school... :) Now it's more of an individual thing where there is no winner or loser.  The events aren't very hard, and there aren't events that you have to rely on a team to win.  Very different.  But, Dane had a great time.  He was happy to have me there and participate in the fun. 

 I hadn't planned on checking him out early, but once it was over his teacher passed around a clip board for those parents that wanted to check their kids out early.  Lots of parents were doing it, and Dane got wind of it so I didn't have the heart to tell him no.  I knew that he wouldn't be missing much anyway with it being field day, and just the afternoon left which included lunch, recess and creative stations.  He was beyond excited to get his sticker that read signed out, and then even more excited when we got in the car and I checked the movie theater and Rio 2 was playing that afternoon.  So, we got home grabbed some lunch and then headed to the movies for a little afternoon date.   


**I have to put a disclaimer... please excuse Dane's bad hair cut that he got recently.  The lady cut it straight across his forehead, and it got so short there was no way to fix it. :(  If I put gel in it I can make it look a little decent, but I didn't that morning because I thought he was going to be wearing a hat, but he decided against it once the field day started.  He's still as cute as he can be, but I absolutely hate how the hair falls on his forehead.  Whew... I feel better.  :)


















No comments: