Monday, June 16, 2014

First week home = success!

So, it's been a little over a week since we have been home.  Things have gone really well so far.  Everyone seems to be adjusting and enjoying being a family of 4.  Jace is doing really well, he is a pretty content baby.  I hate to jinx it, but he seems to be a pretty chill baby at this point.  Right now he is eating about 3 ounces every 4 hours.  He is sleeping good, wakes up about every 4 hours to eat and then goes back down fairly easily.  It helps that neither Kevin nor I are working right now, so we aren't having to set an alarm and get up early for work.  
We are just enjoying the summer, trying to keep Dane entertained and not bored.  

Lots of pictures from the past week.

We got home that Friday evening.  Saturday and Sunday were both relaxing days, we were pretty lazy trying to recover from the days in the hospital.  



Dane is constantly rubbing Jace's head.  He thinks he is so cute, soft and smooth.  His words.  :)
He gave Jace his Corduroy bear to comfort him.  Corduroy isn't wearing his clothes, Dane didn't think it was necessary.  Haha The bear looks so big in this picture.  He's really a tiny bear, but nearly the same size as Jace.  Both so little, yet it's so hard to truly capture how small they look in person.  






I had to bring Jace to his pedi doctor on the Monday after we got out of the hospital.  He wasn't a week old yet, but the doctor wanted to check his bilirubin levels.  The doctor visit went well.  He had lost some weight from the time he was born that the doctor said was perfectly normal and ok.  He weighed 5 lbs and 12 oz.  Such a tiny little guy.  He did not like being stretched out to measure his distance.  And of course did not like getting his heel pricked again.  :(  He's had his little heels pricked so many times since being born.  His levels came back higher than they were, so we had to go back to see the doctor 2 days later and get more blood work done.  








Tuesday the 10th was my 34th birthday.  How did I get to 34??? Sigh.  It was a good day though.  My friends Christy, Dallas, and Lydia came over with their kids and then we all went to lunch at Gringos.  We had a fun lunch, and then I came home and relaxed a little. 
 Celebrating birthdays can be exhausting.

On Wednesday I had to take Jace back to the doctor to get his levels checked.  This time it came out where the doctor wanted them, so all is good there.  Kevin had a CE conference he had to go to, so it was my first time taking both kids anywhere by myself.  I was a little nervous, but after threatening Dane that if he wasn't good he would be in BIG trouble it all went ok. :) The doctor visit went very quickly since we were just there to draw blood.  Then after the doctor visit we hit up Sonic for some lunch and then went to a park that is by our house so Dane could get rid of some hyper energy.  It wasn't too hot this day, actually felt pretty good at the park. Sadly, it's already heated up more since then.  Hot and humid.  Welcome Summer!
Jace was 1 week old on Wednesday!!

Can you guess which boy has the crazy hyper energy??

I had to run to another room to grab something, so I told Dane to come stand by the bed to make sure Jace didn't roll off.  I came back to him singing Rock A Bye Baby to him.  I quickly backed up and ran to grab my phone to video him.  He is super sweet to his brother, makes me very happy to see. 






That afternoon I pulled the swing outside, and Dane and I played some board games since it wasn't too hot.  








Thursday we took Jace for his first stroll around the neighborhood.  I'm not able to exercise yet, gotta wait 6 wks but I figured doing a little walking around the neighborhood couldn't hurt.  So, a few mornings before it got too hot Dane rode his bike and I pushed Jace in the stroller.  Kevin had his conference all week last week, so me and the boys had a lot of time on our hands.  



Just have to brag on Dane a little.  For some reason he is all into doing chores right now.  I'm not complaining and I'm sure not going to ask why because I know it won't last forever.  I was folding laundry and he wanted to help fold his clothes.  Um, yes please! Huge help.  I didn't care how it looked, I was just happy that he was helping.  So, he folded his and put them away. I could definitely get used to having his help!! 

Thursday after our stroll I took the boys to the library so Dane could check out a few books.  Gotta keep him sharp during the summer! He has become a really good reader!

Jace enjoying a little tummy time.  He loves sleeping on his tummy.  

Big news! Dane has officially learned to tie his shoes!!!! Can I get a what what?!?!?!?  It's a painful process teaching that, so I'm just as excited as he is that he learned it!

Just a random picture... Jace's feet are super duper skinny and tiny! It's smaller than a Q-tip.


Friday afternoon Christy, Zach and Sophie came over to keep us company.  Fun times!

I attempted a trip to Target to get a few things.  Bringing Jace in the car seat will make sure I don't spend a lot of money.  His car seat took up the entire basket! 
We have been playing lots of games with Dane.  He was so excited that I bought Connect 4 and Monopoly empire, both games he has been wanting.  The summer days can be long, and we hear a lot I'm bored so I bought a couple new games to keep us entertained.  

Saturday we beat the heat by going to Bahama Bucks for snow cones and smoothies! It's my new favorite place.  The snow cones were pretty good, not as good as my favorite place in Orange but it will do for us Cypress folks. ;)  
Dane will be swimming a lot this summer to get out of the house and to burn some energy.  Kevin and I have been taking turns bringing Dane to the pool to swim.  Saturday afternoon one of his besties from his kindergarten class was there, so he had the best time swimming with him.  




And that pretty much sums up our first week at home.