Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summer fun and milestones

Before I get to the weekend and the last couple days here is some newborn pictures I attempted to get of Jace last week.  I had lots of ideas, but taking pictures of newborns isn't as easy as some photographers make it seem.  It's actually kind of hard to pose them and keep them asleep and how you want them. But, this was my best attempt and I'm happy with these I got.  


I love baby feet pictures.  I don't love that you can see all his little spots where he got pricked by a needle in his heels.  :( Poor little guy got about 7 or 8 pricks in his first 2 weeks of life.  








Friday we headed to Orange to reunite with the big little dude.  He had a great time at his Granny and Poppy's house.  He swam several times every single day, even got to go swimming one evening after it had gotten dark.  He thought that was the coolest thing ever.  Although it was nice to have a quite house for several days we missed having Dane at home.  It's so quite when he's gone.  
We stayed in Orange until Saturday evening.  


We went to my grandpa's house Friday afternoon to see everyone.  Baylor and Hadley loved Jace!  

 Hadley cracked me up with her "headband" she had created.  she's a mess.  A funny mess!


Saturday we spent the day at my Aunt Darla's house.  The kids had a blast swimming, and we had such a great time catching up with everyone.  Jace took a little snoozer in the stroller in the shade for a couple hours, then him and Kevin snuck inside to watch the Germany vs Ghana soccer game.  Dane, Hadley and Baylor swam their little hearts out.  They had so much fun together.

Jace's feet look soooo long and skinny in this picture.  His feet are super skinny, but they are still so tiny.  Look at your pinky finger... and imagine his little feet being shorter than that. Well, it's shorter than my pinky finger. :) I keep talking about how tiny he is, I just can't get over it.  Although Dane was little, Jace is much smaller.  He'll catch up before we know it!

 Baylor being shy.  Hilarious

 These two... trouble!

My sweet little man.  Those blankets from the hospital are the best blankets to swaddle, the perfect size.  So far he has been a really content easy baby.  I hope that continues!!  

The other night I took this picture when we were in bed trying to go to sleep.  Jace was WIDE awake, but very content. I thought it was funny that we were so sleepy, and I looked down and Jace was so awake, not looking sleepy in the slightest bit. He looked super cute just chilling. Our room gets pretty cold in the middle of the night, so Jace wears a little hat, and is swaddled.  He always manages to get his arms out of the blanket.  He sleeps in his papasan chair, just like Dane did the first couple months.  Neither of them liked to lay flat on their backs in the pack and play.  He sleeps soundly for usually about 4 hours in this little chair, so it works out perfectly.  

Sunday afternoon Dane and I got out of the house for a couple hours and went to Memorial City Mall so Dane could burn some energy at the big playground.  

Monday was Munchkin Monday at the trampoline park, so I took Dane for a couple hours since it was really cheap admission.  I'm on the lookout for cheap and free things to get us out of the house a little this summer to burn off some bored hyper energy.  Dane had so much fun jumping around and trying to do tricks off the wall trampolines.  He was sweating like he had just run 10 miles out in the summer heat by the time we headed out.  Our Monday outing was a success, and we will definitely be going back this summer.  









In other news... Dane can officially ride his bike without training wheels.  Kevin has been working with him the last couple days.  Really we probably dropped the ball because he probably could have been taught a year ago but we never got around to working with him.  But, it only took a couple days of Kevin running beside him holding on to his seat before he was able to do it all by himself.  He's still a little rusty at stopping and getting off his bike without it falling and him crashing, but he is doing really well and will be a pro before we know it.   




I took a couple pictures of both of my sweet boys.  I couldn't decide if I liked color or black and white better...




Doing photo shoots can be soooo tiring.  

This morning before it got too hot Jace and I took a stroll around the neighborhood while Dane rode his bike and Kevin walked/ran beside him.  



We are enjoying the summer, and our new addition!

No comments: